GDT: COL @ STL WCSF - GAME 4: CRASHING THEIR PARTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
No player deserves to be bombarded with racist remarks and death threats. It's one of the sad realities for sports these days, so much online anonymity that you can basically say anything with zero repercussions. As much as I can't stand Kadri, he shouldn't have to deal with stuff like that.

I didn't want much of the game but I saw the clips of Perron and I question what exactly was going through his head. He drummed it up to trying to create a spark for the team, but there are ways to do that without trying to blindside someone after they score a goal. Absolutely idiotic of him to say the least.
Love DP...

Poor judgement on that play.

But unlike Kadri he hasn't habitually injured an opposing player such that their season is over. This victimhood of Kadri is so typical of today. And yes, racists are ugly. But let's not paint the Blues and the town as such. Team Kadri is trying to do this and the Avs fans to some degree are running with it.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Twitter is even worse.

Kadri is a hero and a victim. Perron is evil and should never play in the NHL again. St. Louis and the Blues organization are awful and racist.

The whole thing is stupid.

The trolls are running wild.
its just a deflection technique done to get people to take their eyes off the ball. its working bc we have to waste our time talking about it. you see this in politics all the time.

we should be talking about the hit and his post game press conf that night where he claimed rosen "pushed" him even though rosen was in front of him. Schenn called this out the following morning. Hes a goon who got caught in a lie there but none of it matters because we have the media running wild with a bunch of racism charges and somehow want to tie berube into it lol. they dont like berube because hes a darryl sutter "alpha male" type coach and it intimidates alot of the lil kitten soft ppl.

i actually looked up a few of those peoples instagram profiles. they are private now and the number of posts most of them have i can count on 1 hand, yet they have hundreds, if not thousands of followers. i love the smell of bots and drone accounts in the morning.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
its just a deflection technique done to get people to take their eyes off the ball. its working bc we have to waste our time talking about it. you see this in politics all the time.

we should be talking about the hit and his post game press conf that night where he claimed rosen "pushed" him even though rosen was in front of him. Schenn called this out the following morning. Hes a goon who got caught in a lie there but none of it matters because we have the media running wild with a bunch of racism charges and somehow want to tie berube into it lol. they dont like berube because hes a darryl sutter "alpha male" type coach and it intimidates alot of the lil kitten soft ppl.

i actually looked up a few of those peoples instagram profiles. they are private now and the number of posts most of them have i can count on 1 hand, yet they have hundreds, if not thousands of followers. i love the smell of bots and drone accounts in the morning.

Expert deflection. He’s had a lot of practice in how to crisis manage after running at players, and it shows. It shows in how he gave this one cover of plausibility, and in how he is playing the media narrative shaping like a fiddle.

He also backed it up on the ice, while we lost discipline.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
We play Husso we lose.
Start Chucky.
Agreed. Husso was average at best the last month of the regular season and outside of the shutout, has been pretty bad in the playoffs. Along with that, it seems the team is playing in front of him like they did Binnington for much of the year, which is a bad recipe with a struggling/unconfident goalie, as we all saw.

Have to go with Lindgren and hope the team rallies around him because it's not going to happen with Husso.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
As much as we all may want Charlie in there next game, there is probably a less than 1% chance of it happening. Husso carried the squad for months throughout the year. He will get his chance to redeem himself.

I figured they would pull him after allowing those 3 goals back to back to back early in the second and Berube stuck with him.

FrontYardSpecial

Jan 22, 2014
Husso’s playoff stats (including the shutout in Minnesota) are bad. .884 SV%, 3.76 GAA, -5.0 GSAA.

For comparison, Binnington was rocking a .949 SV%, 1.72 GAA, and 5.88 GSAA in the playoffs this year.

You can tell losing Binnington just sucked the life out of the team.

Reactions: Blueston

buches gooches

Apr 16, 2022
The biggest difference was in our own end. Binner was doing more work getting the puck out of our own zone than most of our Dmen. Without Binner we are getting eaten alive in the corners.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I've been predicting this for months. Husso's been on a downward spiral for a while now and his 5 hole and other poor goals he's been giving up were worrisome. I was told how I was wrong relentlessly but here we are in full blown Husso meltdown and he's going to lose his 5th playoff game in a row if we start him again. He had a good January and maybe he'll be an ok regular season goalie but he can't handle pressure. Just like every other goalie in Blues history except for ONE.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I've been predicting this for months. Husso's been on a downward spiral for a while now and his 5 hole and other poor goals he's been giving up were worrisome. I was told how I was wrong relentlessly but here we are in full blown Husso meltdown and he's going to lose his 5th playoff game in a row if we start him again. He had a good January and maybe he'll be an ok regular season goalie but he can't handle pressure. Just like every other goalie in Blues history except for ONE.
You’re right.

Reactions: Xerloris

FrontYardSpecial

Jan 22, 2014
The biggest difference was in our own end. Binner was doing more work getting the puck out of our own zone than most of our Dmen. Without Binner we are getting eaten alive in the corners.

There’s no doubt he’s better at playing the puck. He’s like a 3rd defenseman back there at times. The Blues really miss that against a fast Colorado team.

I’m by no means an advanced stats guru, but I looked it up and they’ve each faced a similar number of shots in similar amounts of playing time:

Binnington faced 176 shots over 315 minutes.
Husso has faced 155 shots over 287 minutes.

Binnington just made better saves, especially on the medium danger chances (0.933% vs 0.895%) and high danger chances (0.900% vs 0.700%). His goals saved above expected was 4.9, making him one of the better performing goalies in the 2022 playoffs. Whereas Husso literally has the worst GSAx of all goalies to play in the playoffs this year at -4.8 (Just for reference Kuemper’s GSAx is -0.1 while Vasilevskiy is leading the NHL in this stat, currently rocking a ridiculous GSAx of 11.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad