Confirmed with Link: [COL/SJ] Avs Acquire Dubnyk for Pateryn and 2021 5th

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Don't worry the way he's played the last 2 seasons he's been key to our success regardless of if he's an Av or not. Jokes aside he played fairly well tonight, some soft goals but he won the game, I don't think JJ does the same and certainly not Miska.

Hopefully he'll settle in. Is he better than Binnington?
He did stand tall when the Avs were absolutely falling apart at the end. Total dog shit and mayhem in front of him.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He gave us exactly what we needed last night. He wasn't amazing, but he didn't blow the game on his own either. The team took care of the rest.

Reactions: LOFIN

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
There’s gonna be such polarities with Dubynk because some fans will over compensate for the hate he once got and others will hold onto the hate.

I think Doob played okay, I will say if Johansson was in the position where a team is pouring on the pressure and he had already let in a late goal there’s no way he doesn’t allow another so for that alone it’s good we don’t Dubynk. All in all, fine backup.

Finlanche

Feb 11, 2017
Tampere, Finland
I did not see last nights game, so how was Dubnyk? And is it more likely that he will be the starter until Grub gets back or has JoJo been better lately?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I did not see last nights game, so how was Dubnyk? And is it more likely that he will be the starter until Grub gets back or has JoJo been better lately?
Dubnyk will probably get most of the starts until Grubauer is back. He was ok, solid enough to get the job done, though there were some iffy moments where he lost track of pucks and rebounds that squeezed through him. The 2nd goal from behind the net was soft as well. He made several big stops though so on the whole he was good enough to get the job done. If we can get 0.900 sv % and 3.00 GAA out of our backup this team should win more often than not given how few chances they usually give up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just because a bloke has kids doesn't make him likeable (majority of people eventually have kids). I don't even hate Dubnyk as a person because I don't know him nor ever met him, I just dislike him as a hockey player and will still do.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just because a bloke has kids doesn't make him likeable (majority of people eventually have kids). I don't even hate Dubnyk as a person because I don't know him nor ever met him, I just dislike him as a hockey player and will still do.

This is true, there's plenty of A hole parents out there.

To make a counterpoint though, A hole parents wouldn't normally put their kids on their mask like Dubnyk did, or do something special for them like make them Avengers because they're big fans.

Personally I started to soften on Dubnyk when I saw that clip of him tapping everyone on the pads and then bumping into them. Felt like he was letting them know that he knows he's the new guy, but he's willing to go to war with them.

I also feel like having a backup with a strong personality and sort of a Patrick Roy like confidence can be really beneficial to a team. Rather than a soft spoken type of backup. It just seems to bring more confidence to the team, and it's almost like they have another coach back there that they want to play well for.

What I'm concerned about is his ability to stop pucks though. I didn't really like any of the three goals he gave up his first game, but he also made two or three clutch saves late the game. So hopefully this lets him settle in and play better going forward.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
meh dont like him, but if he can win us some games im good with it. Espcially depnding on how Gru comes back. Duubs lateral movement will come back paying with this team he'll make sure to burn that french fry fat off

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's a necessary evil. He's like bracers when you are in fifth grade.

I get why he's there, but I don't have to like him.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
When you think about it Dubnyk is so lucky to have joined the Avs. He was going into unrestricted free agency with a shitty record and a shitty AAV...and now we're going to fix that for him :laugh:

(Also shows Sakic that he can take Grubauer's stats with a grain of salt at the negotiation table next offseason but that's another story).

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
True. People do love eating ass.

d527cd2a3e446c1c0e0c885bdbf8f34a.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad