Proposal: COL/NYR

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Dang I didn't know Dallas was already offering that. I'm with you on that one then.

I don't know if Dallas is offering anything, but given this thread, it seems like 1st + decent prospect + ??? is the asking price. The guy I originally responded to was trying to suggest that Dallas might add Kreider, as if that somehow forces the Avs to proactively do something stupid like overpaying for Kreider. He was obviously fear mongering, but I was responding within that same context.

In reality, it may not be Dalllas. But, there will likely be some team desperate enough to pay that asking price that intends to give Kreider a $6m+ contract with term, and I'll still be happy it's not the Avs.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Totally off-topic, but my wife and I were supposed to stop in Halifax during a cruise last September. We got rerouted due to a hurricane and had to skip that leg of the voyage.

I was THIS close to drinking that water and having the next Crosby/MacKinnon as my son.
Or the next Eric Boulton

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Aves (smh) have Jost who broke out the last two games and is only 21 with a bit of a mean streak.(LOL)

Aves (stop it its AVS) need defense. Eric Johnson is terrible. Ian Cole is aging. And Zadorov is also aging each day.

Something around Skjei would be more wise.

Yes Zadorov is aging everyday.. Soon old man Zadorov will be 25 in April.

Reactions: Linds

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Custance brought some trade proposals to NHL executives for feedback. One was Jost + 1st for Kreider. Here was the response.
Exec: “Colorado says no. This seems to be modeled on the Kevin Hayes deal, and the comparison is reasonable. So this isn’t a firm no, but I’d be surprised if a rental fetched that much.”

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So... not likely but not completely off the mark either. Seems about right.
Yeah. It’s also possible that teams (including Colorado) like Jost a lot more than Avs fans do. We’re all disappointed by his production based on draft position but he’s clearly been a good defensive bottom 6 forward. He just sucks with the puck. Perhaps his draft position, Analytics (which are great lol) and work ethic make people believe Sakic values Jost more than fans definitely believe.

Reactions: AslanRH

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Yeah. It’s also possible that teams (including Colorado) like Jost a lot more than Avs fans do. We’re all disappointed by his production based on draft position but he’s clearly been a good defensive bottom 6 forward. He just sucks with the puck. Perhaps his draft position, Analytics (which are great lol) and work ethic make people believe Sakic values Jost more than fans definitely believe.

Not everyone needs to be a superstar to contribute to the team. And Jost is still only 21, so there's still time for him to improve the areas where he's struggling. Even if he doesn't eventually become the 2C we hope for, if he signs a cheap bridge deal and can be a good bottom 6er, he can still contribute to the team now, and prevent us from overpaying someone in UFA. And he's apparently very well liked by the team, almost like a kid brother. I can understand why Sakic is hesitant to move him.

And there's also the 1st, which has its own set of concerns. I think Sakic still wants to stock the cupboards with as much talent as possible, and isn't looking to trade away 1sts quite yet. He made good moves in the off-season, and there aren't any glaring holes in the roster, only a few spots where an upgrade might be nice. Keeping the 1st means another chance at getting a contributor on their ELC/cheap bridge in a couple years, which might be helpful when Mack/Makar/Landy are all on new deals.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Kreider for 1st + Jost is a good base.

Perhaps a condition in there that the Rangers get a 2021 3rd if Kreider re-signs, Avs get back a 2021 4th if he doesn’t re-sign.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad