Proposal: COL/NYR

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers don’t really have use for Bowers but I’d do this

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Easy no from the Avs, ranger fans are going to be disappointed with the return they get for a rental Kreider, Hayes was a better player and 2 years younger and only returned a 1st

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I imagine the Avs still value Bowers as equivalent to a mid to late 1st...he's been doing very well for himself in the AHL lately. Likely pegged to have a good long look as the #3 centre starting next season. So, no.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
No lol. I'd rather keep Newhook let alone Byram. Why the hell would the Avs trade future low cost impact rookies? Answer is they wouldn't.

In all fairness, the answer is that they wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't. If Kreider goes to the Avs, the maximum return I can see coming towards us is 1st + Jost.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
In all fairness, the answer is that they wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't. If Kreider goes to the Avs, the maximum return I can see coming towards us is 1st + Jost.

Basically and it wouldn't be the worst trade ever but I hope the Avs just keep their first this year... then I remembered the Avs are god awful at drafting outside of the top 5. Yeah, trade it Avs.

Reactions: DutchNYR

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Easy no from the Avs, ranger fans are going to be disappointed with the return they get for a rental Kreider, Hayes was a better player and 2 years younger and only returned a 1st
Yeah I am not sure what people are expecting for Kreider, I mean Boston might over pay knowing they can probably sign him given his hometown connections, but I don't see a lot of teams lining up to give up 1st round picks ++.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'd be partial to Newhook + a 1st for Kreider.

I thought Kreider is easily worth Byram?

Homer - Skipping.gif

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Like 2 months ago I did a value of thread involving Byram for Kreider as a down payment +, and it was instantly shot down by the thought police armtwisting the powers that be into thinking discussion with an open mind was a bad thing, as if that is ever the case.

While suggestion of a single AVs fan [to start] does not = a voice for the entire Colorado base, I have a certain measure of vindication here.

All players are assets. Each asset has a value, which commands a price. Whether that price is worth the value is different for different potential buyers and sellers and differs with differing assets.

Avalanche may want the moon for Byram
may be willing to move if there is still enough for the future while enhancing this competitive Cup run.

Whether NYR or others go there is a subject for negotiation...

… and discussion here, if people can be civil with an open mind.

--------------
Bowen Byram is a high pick who is exp drft exempt
He is borderline untouchable, but Avs defense is already w/a young and good core, so IF enough is on the table, then …. MAYBE.

Kreider would be a down payment
NY would add.
significantly, but not ridiculously.

----------
The real world awaits.
Play nice til I get back
peace + love
bern

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad