Eklund Rumor: COL/NYR...TOR/NYR....STL/BUF

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I’m guessing something around Marcus Johansson and Sammy Blais. Buffalo wants someone young with team control and Blais is one of the most physical forwards in the league, Buffalo needs that in their top 9. Mojo would fit like a glove on any of STL’s top 3 lines and was very good when Boston made their run last year.

If ristos involved then Faulk better be gettin out of STL

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Lundqvist makes 8.5m and wouldn't be an upgrade on francouz who makes makes a ton less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
But, there is also the Botterill clause, so you have to take Bozak and Allen.

Oh god. I could totally see Botterill defending this one. "We needed a goalie to take the pressure off of Hutton and Ullmark, and as the season has progressed it's a situation where our center play simply wasn't good enough. Bozak has proven he can play at a high level at center."

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It’ll cool eventually, but yeah, any trade ideas you guys have with Buffalo probably starts with a “include 2 1sts clause”, in order to start repairing from the bludgeoning that was the Voldemort trade.

The Voldemort trade. :laugh:

Great way to put it.

I can’t see any way the Blues are interested in Risto unless negotiations with Petro go badly..... unless Botterill wants Faulk *evil laugh*

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
If Lundqvist was a rental, I’d be all over that. But he isn’t and he’s making $8.5m next year, so...

Hank at 50% and grubauer coming back in some sort of deal (maybe involving Kreider, maybe not) means the Avs only take on cap an extra million in cap and they both have 1 year remaining on their contract. Rangers can then find a way to move Grubauer (or Georgiev) in the offseason.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lundqvist makes 8.5m and wouldn't be an upgrade on francouz who makes makes a ton less.
We shall see how good Francouz is come playoff time especially if your first round opponent is Dallas/St. Louis. But I can understand Avs fans being hesitant about the money. Not sure of their cap situation next year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hmmm...Buffalo and St. Lou...

JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO JUST SAY NO

Ryan O'Reilly back to Buffalo for Okposo, Thompson, and 2 2nds (our 1st is worth way more than theirs was + I'm only making them take 1 cap dump) :nod:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
the blues definitely don't need another right defenseman. i guess we could swap faulk for risto, but it really isn't needed.

that said, blues should at least see what buffalo wants to throw away

Reactions: MagnumForce2

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
The biggest reason to trade Henrik isn't a three goalie problem but that his salary will cost us Kreider. If we retain what's the point? We can't afford Kreider anyways.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If Lundqvist was a rental, I’d be all over that. But he isn’t and he’s making $8.5m next year, so...
This could be a good move even for another year of Hank he is still able to start. and a chance for a Cup would make him even better. Colorados D is much better than the Rangers as well. It nmakes sense for the team and Hank.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
No way I would deal DeAngelo, unless it was one of those offers "you can't refuse". He just makes so many things go in the Rangers offense. His standing up for team mates, locker room presence / humor, and toughness would be tough to replace.
Deangelo and Georgiev for Matthews and Marner

Reactions: dumpin

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hank at 50% and grubauer coming back in some sort of deal (maybe involving Kreider, maybe not) means the Avs only take on cap an extra million in cap and they both have 1 year remaining on their contract. Rangers can then find a way to move Grubauer (or Georgiev) in the offseason.

I don’t know that old Hank is better than healthy Gru, and I really don’t like being in the situation of having only Francouz in net the following year.

We really only need a 3rd G for the remainder of the year as injury insurance.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Hank is not waiving for COL and play 3G.

His $8.5M+ per contract is scary to be a backup. AVs are looking for depth or prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad