Eklund Rumor: COL/NYR...TOR/NYR....STL/BUF

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
On Lundqvist to Colorado...

I keep hearing the Rangers are considering this and that some discussions may occur shortly..The Rangers are not going to strong-arm Henrik of course, but there is always a chance that Lundqvist sees this as an opportunity to try and win a Cup...

On Deangelo...and the Leafs D...

The Leafs are being aggressive when it comes to adding a d-man..we have heard Subban, Vatanen, and others...but today was the first time I heard the Rangers DeAngelo tied to the Leafs...

On Ristolainen...

Hearing the Blues have had discussions with the Sabres in the last 24 hours....Could turn into a multi-player deal as well....one source said up to 5 names could be involved...

....I know Eklund is TRASH but these are fun!!!! STL/BUF "rumor" sounds bananas lol

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Sakic said last night that he was looking for a depth goalie just to be safe, one that would presumably slide to the Av's #3 goalie when Grub comes back in a few weeks. Doesn't really sound like Lundqvist fits the bill.

Sounds like colorado could use a famarilar name, Jonathan bernier...

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
On Lundqvist to Colorado...

I keep hearing the Rangers are considering this and that some discussions may occur shortly..The Rangers are not going to strong-arm Henrik of course, but there is always a chance that Lundqvist sees this as an opportunity to try and win a Cup...

So the Rangers are considering a conversation with Colorado but haven't started? WTF kind of shit is that?

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
No way I would deal DeAngelo, unless it was one of those offers "you can't refuse". He just makes so many things go in the Rangers offense. His standing up for team mates, locker room presence / humor, and toughness would be tough to replace.

Reactions: Sayba and bl02

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Subban 50% retained to the leafs for a second because that's what hes worth with his play at most
No way PK is worth anything now. He has (because of his contract) negative value. The Devils would have to add sweetener to any deal dumping PK, even with max salary retention.
Leafs have no interest in PK.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
DeAngelo to the Leafs sounds absurd for both sides. All of these do, actually. It even looks likes he's trying to make a complete bullshit feel-good story a la Ray Bourque with that Lundqvist trade.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
But seriously. If Botterill gets bent into a pretzel again by Armstrong I could see other teams protesting and lobbying the league to block the trade on the grounds of collusion or anti-competitiveness.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo and St. Louis? Ryan O’Reilly wasn’t enough for Botterill?

Seriously though doubt anyone in Buffalo want to trade with us.

It’ll cool eventually, but yeah, any trade ideas you guys have with Buffalo probably starts with a “include 2 1sts clause”, in order to start repairing from the bludgeoning that was the Voldemort trade.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Buffalo and St. Louis? Ryan O’Reilly wasn’t enough for Botterill?

Seriously though doubt anyone in Buffalo want to trade with us.
Trust me, half the people in Buffalo still aren't aware that we lost that trade because we were "bad with ROR anyways, so who cares?"

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It’ll cool eventually, but yeah, any trade ideas you guys have with Buffalo probably starts with a “include 2 1sts clause”, in order to start repairing from the bludgeoning that was the Voldemort trade.
But, there is also the Botterill clause, so you have to take Bozak and Allen.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
But, there is also the Botterill clause, so you have to take Bozak and Allen.

I was jokingly going to ask who your two biggest cap dumps currently are.

So it’ll be Ristolainen for Bozak, Allen and your 10th best prospect.

Don’t need a RD you say? No problem. Just trade him for a 1st before Monday. Your last trade partner probably even explained how to flip Buffalo assets, since he just did it lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad