Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYR] Chris Bigras for Ryan Graves

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
lol at original posts thinking Rangers would win this one.

Lol there is like one post from an Avs fan and one from a Penguin fan that likes Bigras and nothing more. If anything this thread has many good posts that describes the players pretty well.

Graves is a good player. AND I followed him a lot in Juniors and the AHL, I wouldn’t rule out that he has another gear in him. He is fundamentally a good player.

Some are blaming AV for Graves not getting a shot in NY. But I think that is ridiculous. Brought had 5 vet LDs on the roster. McD, Skjei, Staal, Holden and Smith. Graves was screwed here.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Lol there is like one post from an Avs fan and one from a Penguin fan that likes Bigras and nothing more. If anything this thread has many good posts that describes the players pretty well.

Graves is a good player. AND I followed him a lot in Juniors and the AHL, I wouldn’t rule out that he has another gear in him. He is fundamentally a good player.

Some are blaming AV for Graves not getting a shot in NY. But I think that is ridiculous. Brought had 5 vet LDs on the roster. McD, Skjei, Staal, Holden and Smith. Graves was screwed here.

Nonsense. It's absoutely true. AV put no value into stay at home defenseman. He was 100% to blame for Graves. Also didn't help McIlrath out either. McIlrath got called up one time, played 6 games where he was better than most of our crappy D men at the time and he banished him to the minors. McIlrath had his issues but confidence and coaching is key to a young player. The farther away from Torts the Rangers got, the worse they got defensively with AV because he's an atrocious defensive coach. All he wants is puck moving defenseman. Said at the time trading Graves was a huge mistake. AV had a lot of say in the roster. Rangers didn't need to bring Holden in. Or Smith. AV was a thickhead and wanted those types. Unfortunately, a ton in our fan base always believe the coach knows what he's doing. Very few coaches aren't dumb with personnel decisions. Quinn was a complete idiot with Lias Andersson and his this love affair with Howden who should be in the minors.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nonsense. It's absoutely true. AV put no value into stay at home defenseman. He was 100% to blame for Graves. Also didn't help McIlrath out either. McIlrath got called up one time, played 6 games where he was better than most of our crappy D men at the time and he banished him to the minors. McIlrath had his issues but confidence and coaching is key to a young player. The farther away from Torts the Rangers got, the worse they got defensively with AV because he's an atrocious defensive coach. All he wants is puck moving defenseman. Said at the time trading Graves was a huge mistake. AV had a lot of say in the roster. Rangers didn't need to bring Holden in. Or Smith. AV was a thickhead and wanted those types. Unfortunately, a ton in our fan base always believe the coach knows what he's doing. Very few coaches aren't dumb with personnel decisions. Quinn was a complete idiot with Lias Andersson and his this love affair with Howden who should be in the minors.

It was Gorton, not AV. AV doesn't watch Hartford, and decide to promote AHL plugs over Graves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad