Confirmed with Link: [COL/NYI] Taylor Beck for Marc-Andre Cliche

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Beck is a former 3rd rounder. So I guess we got the 3rd we moved for Gelinas back?

:sarcasm:

He showed some moderate success in the NHL with the Preds, definitely a better call up option compared to Cliche, but probably nothing more then an AHL deal for us.

Last edited:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
We easily win the deadline based on this deal alone.

More seriously, tthis guy was raised by the Preds, he can't be too awful defensively. Decent depth guy for the playoffs if needed.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
2ivh6o1.jpg

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Oh man, Beck is about to be the next Avs legend.
If we ever let him go, fans will flip out.

Especially the asset management crowd; Cliche was picked up for free on waivers to it's like Beck was traded for nothing! I can hear their heavy breathing from here.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
A better offensive forward to replace Cliche, but who the hell is our 3rd line Center now?
Rantanen staying C looks like on the 1st/2nd line with Hishon.

Who is then? Henley? Drazenovic?

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
look at Beck's number on the AHL. huge win for the Rampage. case closed.

the fact that I'll never hear Cliche's name anymore makes me wanna dance all day, despite being late for work and having spilled coffee in my bed.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm sure Rantanen has to play C now. Henley won't get more time. Probably Drazenovic is the other center.

I know those 4 have played center with Cliche out, but I mean, that's a really thin C depth/assurance considering Rantanen and him not really playing C before as well as Drazenovic's injury history.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This is actually a pretty solid deal for us. Not sure why NYI would make this deal unless they were making a deal to get a veteran at the AHL level for mentoring.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Love this trade. I really liked Taylor Beck his draft year, had him ranked 30th if I remember. He could be a solid depth player for us.

Can't believe anyone wanted Cliche, let alone for a guy who's actually played in the NHL and has some upside!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad