Confirmed with Link: [COL/NJ] Ryan Graves for Mikhail Maltsev and a 2nd round pick (61st overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I'm not sure, I agree though it is a blatant lie to think Graves hits everything that moves. That's what you meant right? Surely you don't think Graves is some physical defenseman? Yeah he was 2nd on the team in hits but was almost 150th in the league...he plays small I'm sorry if that upsets you.
I'm pretty sure that poster you are answering is actually Ryan Graves or related to him in some way.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bump.

What do we think of him so far? Obviously Bednar is keeping him on a short leash but largely I've liked his body of work, limited as it is. He's big, skilled, uses his size to gain an advantage, and...HE WINS FACEOFFS.

Unfortunately I do get some Grigorenko vibes from him in that I feel he has the occasional bad lapse in the defensive zone, but certainly not the perimeter player that Grigs was. I already feel he's an upgrade on Jost, but that's not saying a ton.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Bump.

What do we think of him so far? Obviously Bednar is keeping him on a short leash but largely I've liked his body of work, limited as it is. He's big, skilled, uses his size to gain an advantage, and...HE WINS FACEOFFS.

Unfortunately I do get some Grigorenko vibes from him in that I feel he has the occasional bad lapse in the defensive zone, but certainly not the perimeter player that Grigs was. I already feel he's an upgrade on Jost, but that's not saying a ton.

I like him. Big strong good skater. Good fit with Jost on the 4th line. I'd like to see him get more even strength minutes.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Its a shame he's not earning more trust from Bednar.

I have liked his game quite a bit. He uses his size well on both the forecheck and the backcheck. He's a beast on faceoffs and he does have some skill, he's show that numerous times with the Eagles this year and with the Devils last year. But I feel like he doesn't have the confidence yet with the Avs to execute some of his skill like he does with the Eagles.

I like him as the 4C more than Jost, mostly because Jost is awful at winning faceoffs while Maltsev is great at them. But I have actually like Jost and Maltsev together and wouldn't hate keeping Jost at Wing with Maltsev as the Center going forward on that line.

In general a Jost - Maltsev - NAK 4th line is pretty solid to me. Move Helm to 13th forward.

Reactions: Turbonium

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He looks much more comfortable playing Bednar's hard skating forechecking system than he did earlier in the season. Big body, good speed, plays the body well on the forecheck.

Solid 4th liner so far. Would like to see him work on his puck skills with Allard so he can create a little more in the O zone, and also crash the net and create a bit more havoc there.

He should be watching and molding his game off LOC and Nuke. Be another hard skating, hard forechecking, north/south, solid defensive forward.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He still has stretches where he’s soft and weak on pucks, also had a terrible turnover in the neutral zone that led to a scoring chance against. Could’ve just dumped it if there wasn’t a play.

Despite that, he did indeed earn some trust from Bednar and got some extra shifts later on.

When he plays hard and physical he’s such an asset. Has to find consistency though.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Graves just vanished from hockey's memory. We all knew that +/- was a one and done, but he's hiding behind Subban's slewfoot over there.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Graves scoring on his birthday was a happy little moment. Out of the box to a breakaway and Jordan "everybody's favorite good boy" Binnington thought he'd get to the puck first.

Reactions: UnkleKraker

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
I, personally, liked his hair.
WW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad