Confirmed with Link: [COL/NJ] Ryan Graves for Mikhail Maltsev and a 2nd round pick (61st overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Anyone know anything on Mikhail Maltsev?

There it is. Avs recoup a much needed pick, clear cap space, and don't need to worry about losing him nothing.

So who has info on this Maltsev character?

I'll trade y'all info on Maltsev for some dirt on Graves...

Maltsev is kind of interesting. Probably ceiling of bottom 6 but he's pretty solid in that role. Isn't going to wow anyone offensively or defensively but he plays a solid all around game. Nice depth guy in the NHL, could maybe develop some more in the AHL. He's solid if not rather bland but not in a bad way. At least that's my opinion.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Graves can be solid as hell on the PK. When he doesn’t try to be

Maltsev is kind of interesting. Probably ceiling of bottom 6 but he's pretty solid in that role. Isn't going to wow anyone offensively or defensively but he plays a solid all around game. Nice depth guy in the NHL, could maybe develop some more in the AHL. He's solid if not rather bland but not in a bad way. At least that's my opinion.

Graves is solid as hell on PK. When he doesn’t try to do too much he is just purely solid. Issue with him is that he frequently tries to do too much. I think this is a solid deal for both sides.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

Graves is a solid bottom pairing guy but known for brain farts a lot and didn’t find a puck he didn’t like to immediately shoot into traffic or 5 feet wide

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Anyone know anything on Mikhail Maltsev?
upload_2021-7-16_1-37-25.png

upload_2021-7-16_1-37-55.png

upload_2021-7-16_1-38-28.png

upload_2021-7-16_1-39-10.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

You're getting a giant defensemen that can skate, hit, and has a rocket of a shot who plays hard every shift but is an extremely low-IQ defensemen. Often caught pinching at the worst times, makes bad reads, and for a guy his size gets pushed around quite easily in front of the net.

He's the type of defensemen coaches fall in love with because of the physical tools he possesses.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks for a few great years Gravy! With their cap situation the Avs can’t afford to be paying him those dollars for that role but he’s a useful NHL player.

Also glad I won’t have to listen to those muppets on here who claim he’s worthless and has no trade value.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I really like this deal.

A second round pick is good value. Maltsev should be a 4th liner at least for us too, right?

It seems like there might be some upside there too.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

He's got good size and blocks lots of shots. He's pretty decent on the penalty kill but will often blunder on a clearing attempt. He can skate well for a guy his size. Can throw the body when he feels like it. His problem is he tries to play with more offense than he's capable of providing. He'll try to take lots of shots but 9/10 times it's getting blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad