Proposal: COL - MTL

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
No use for Jost at all. Pass. If it isnt a LHD or an elite winger. Pass. Edit: thats our needs, not saying armia would return that- so dont get on my nutz

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:laugh:

In what world does MTL move a big, strong 200 foot winger who can play on the PP/PK and is a beast puck possession player @ ES...

And for who are we moving for? Another small/soft bottom 6 player. Common sense is non existent here, this is a terrible trade for us. On top of that we're moving someone who can help KK throughout his career.

This is bad on several levels.

Reactions: HabsMD97

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
We simply can’t trade the one physical forward that we have, that is actually over six feet tall. Armia is a weapon along the boards, and has some grossly underrated skill to go with that... Jost is a decent piece, but we have more than enough small, not so tough guys. Thanks but no thanks.

Will sell you Carey Price for a package based around Byram though if you’re interested.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
kinda reminds you of Lars Eller. still not sure what we have in him

Young John LeClair type player. Not going to put up as many points but his forcheck is very good and he has a great shot with good hands and strong on the puck

Habs not trading our only guy with size/strength

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
To MTL:
Jost

To COL:
Armia

Straight up, 1-for-1. I've been a fan of Armia since his WPG days and he's a big RW that is having a great season. The Habs are in a bit of a spiral and if they don't make the playoffs perhaps they are interested in getting younger and selling a guy that will be a UFA after next season. Jost is 21 and I think he would fit in well with the other Habs youngsters, and into their system a little better than Colorado. Avs get another big sturdy Finn that can help them more the next 2 seasons than Jost will, especially with guys like Bowers and Newhook in the wings. Thoughts?

Decent proposal but as a Habs fan I pass. We need Armia's size and physical strength in the mix of our forward core moving forward.

Jost is 21 and it's early yet but at that age, you start to see what kind of player you got. Basically his development is on the Lehkonen path at the moment.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I'm liking Armia's season, but does he have another level? Is he in the midst of hitting it?

Theres been a few "reports" where they ask questions of the players like "who's the strongest in the team" (weber of course), but I keep hearing Armia has the most underrated hands on the team. Hard to tell how good Armia is, but he is making his teammates better. I like what ive been seeing from him with Lekhonen and KK; they've had some great flashes recently and Lekh's offense seems less hopeless recently.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
To MTL:
Jost

To COL:
Armia

Straight up, 1-for-1. I've been a fan of Armia since his WPG days and he's a big RW that is having a great season. The Habs are in a bit of a spiral and if they don't make the playoffs perhaps they are interested in getting younger and selling a guy that will be a UFA after next season. Jost is 21 and I think he would fit in well with the other Habs youngsters, and into their system a little better than Colorado. Avs get another big sturdy Finn that can help them more the next 2 seasons than Jost will, especially with guys like Bowers and Newhook in the wings. Thoughts?

when i was this, i was all for it. I read all the posts , though and the folks here bring solid points about Armia and Jost's ceiling being unknown values, and that these players dont really meet needs for the other teams (Mtl has Cs and Col has Ws). Good OP though.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Good deal.

Jost could breakout, but with available prospects, more production and adds size to the 3rd line. Armia will be a UFA after 2 years, no certainty he stays while Habs continue their rebuild.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Good deal.

Jost could breakout, but with available prospects, more production and adds size to the 3rd line. Armia will be a UFA after 2 years, no certainty he stays while Habs continue their rebuild.

We will take our chances and hope he signs an extension by the end of his contrat. We need his size and skillset more than anything else. If anything we need another Armia type of player

Reactions: Steeler23

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I think the Habs do this. Armia isn't a super important piece. Neither is Jost, but he's worth it for his potential. He could be a real solid 2nd line centre.
trade value aside, this is false. he's the only winger with size on the team and is on pace for 25-30 goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad