Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Alex Galchenyuk signs with the Avalanche (1 year, $750k, two-way)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Such a sad case of talent wasted by listening to your father rather than coaching staff.

Look I know he had that massive blunder with the TML in the playoffs but why he didn’t make it a priority to resign with us is beyond me. Maybe that was beneficial not resigning him but I think the issue with a lot of players are they are products of the team they play for. Galchenyuk while bad defensively played on some awful Habs teams and same with Zona and has a losing and lack of detail ingrained in his game. Having a winning culture and prop coaching could have done him wonders IMO.
he was pretty forgettable on the Wild and Pens, also. Maybe it's not the team's fault, but his.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
For anybody asking “why on earth”…the current injury crisis is why:
FiiMOKPUoAAihjb
Colorado is one of those teams that always seem like they have a million injuries. Pittsburgh too.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
If he played professionally outside the AHL he would be. The NHL doesn't consider the AHL a 'professional' league or something to that effect. Keith Petruzzelli didn't require waivers when he was signed not long ago by the Leafs after being on an AHL contract to start the season.
It all ended when they got ride of reentry waivers I thought.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Production wasn't really there but I liked him a lot on a line with Tavares and Nylander. His talent is undeniable, would be awesome to see him find his scoring touch again for the Avs!

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Glad he's keeping his career going. I always liked and believed in him.

Having someone like Chucky deep down in the depth chart is a good idea. You never know if you'll get hit with the injury bug. And this guy can play anywhere in the lineup, short term, without it being a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad