Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Alex Galchenyuk signs with the Avalanche (1 year, $750k, two-way)

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I thought he did since he's played AHL games this season
If he played professionally outside the AHL he would be. The NHL doesn't consider the AHL a 'professional' league or something to that effect. Keith Petruzzelli didn't require waivers when he was signed not long ago by the Leafs after being on an AHL contract to start the season.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
For anybody asking “why on earth”…the current injury crisis is why:
FiiMOKPUoAAihjb

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Such a sad case of talent wasted by listening to your father rather than coaching staff.

Look I know he had that massive blunder with the TML in the playoffs but why he didn’t make it a priority to resign with us is beyond me. Maybe that was beneficial not resigning him but I think the issue with a lot of players are they are products of the team they play for. Galchenyuk while bad defensively played on some awful Habs teams and same with Zona and has a losing and lack of detail ingrained in his game. Having a winning culture and prop coaching could have done him wonders IMO.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bleeker and zeeto

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Had a great camp with the Avs on a PTO but was released due to an injury. He signed another PTO with the Colorado Eagles after coming back much sooner than expected.
It was an injury? Thought peeps were saying he just SUCKED

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Such a sad case of talent wasted by listening to your father rather than coaching staff.

Look I know he had that massive blunder with the TML in the playoffs but why he didn’t make it a priority to resign with us is beyond me. Maybe that was beneficial not resigning him but I think the issue with a lot of players are they are products of the team they play for. Galchenyuk while bad defensively played on some awful Habs teams and same with Zona and has a losing and lack of detail ingrained in his game. Having a winning culture and prop coaching could have done him wonders IMO.
During his 6 years with the Habs...the team had over 100 points 3 times and 82 points once. So 4 of the 6 years he played on a better than .500 team.

Reactions: BLNY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad