Confirmed Trade: [COL/DET] Patrik Nemeth (50% retained) for 2022 4th round pick

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
True.

Though honestly I'm not that excited for anybody outside the guys currently stuck in Sweden, lol. Which is pretty much our entire Top 5 prospects.

Top 5-6 looks very promising, but I’m kind of hoping players like Smith/Svech/Cholo are given bigger roles to close out the season and flourish from it. I think 2/3 of them should have been constantly in the line up all year, the other one needed some fine tuning.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
I liked Nemeth on the Avs the first time, and we've been rolling AHL:ers on the bottom pairing for much of the season, so it's definitely a position that needs to be filled.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Top 5-6 looks very promising, but I’m kind of hoping players like Smith/Svech/Cholo are given bigger roles to close out the season and flourish from it. I think 2/3 of them should have been constantly in the line up all year, the other one needed some fine tuning.

I honestly don't know why Smith hasn't been consistently in the lineup since nearly the beginning. Svechnikov certainly produced in a way that he deserved to stay until he didn't, but I'm still doubtful he becomes much.

Cholowski just needs to learn not to be a complete idiot defensively.

Reactions: 13to40

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hasn't been great this year but is also playing above his station, should work fine in the role he's being picked up for.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Probably as important that Nemeth knows the system as anything else. And he has a backpack to hold snacks

EJ is done, Byram is cursed, and MacDonald is a goon
so at least its a big body to slot in front of Pateryn, Renouf, Burroughs, etc.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Nice.

Well, that was a fun TDL for Detroit. When's next years?

Whoops, totally forgot about Glendening. He's been healthy and not totally useless.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Colorado already has good LD depth. This is very solid insurance. Nemeth is capable. Being deep in the playoffs goes far.

Reactions: violaswallet

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Welcome back. Now we need Bernier too!

And we need Newhook, but...

HatefulMessyLark-small.gif

Yes I know that's ridiculous... I just needed a setup for the GIF.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
I actually thought Avs would add a 6th while Bernier is included. This package would make sense as well.

Anyway, Avs acquire the D depth insurance for a cup run with the guy they know for the price they can afford to sacrifice. Nemeth probably plays in like half of the matches if Byram is available. Just wonder about the retention, was it necessary?

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Savvy move here by Sakic, I like it. He gets a familiar depth player back for a middling pick. Nemeth has been solid this year and can play the heavy grinding playoff game. Easy to bring him back in to the fold since he knows the system. Good move, good depth.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Savvy move here by Sakic, I like it. He gets a familiar depth player back for a middling pick. Nemeth has been solid this year and can play the heavy grinding playoff game. Easy to bring him back in to the fold since he knows the system. Good move, good depth.

Um, not really... Nemeth was surprisingly good last year, this year he hasn't deserved to be in the lineup for a few months. Him and DeKeyser have been a dumpster fire at times. I am happy for him that he gets to go to a team he knows well and he hopefully will just play #6 kind of minutes when he does get on the ice with a team that defends a lot less. I hope he finds the player he was more often last year in terms of form after this trade. You need depth on the blue-line for a deep run, so I get what the Avs are doing at a low cost for a player that already knows their system and guys. However, Nemeth needs to be a lot better in Colorado than he was in Detroit this year or he will quickly just be eating popcorn in a suite watching games, they are a lot better hockey club than us and frankly he shouldn't have been playing over Cholowski for the last couple months in Detroit...

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Um, not really... Nemeth was surprisingly good last year, this year he hasn't deserved to be in the lineup for a few months. Him and DeKeyser have been a dumpster fire at times. I am happy for him that he gets to go to a team he knows well and he hopefully will just play #6 kind of minutes when he does get on the ice with a team that defends a lot less. I hope he finds the player he was more often last year in terms of form after this trade. You need depth on the blue-line for a deep run, so I get what the Avs are doing at a low cost for a player that already knows their system and guys. However, Nemeth needs to be a lot better in Colorado than he was in Detroit this year or he will quickly just be eating popcorn in a suite watching games, they are a lot better hockey club than us and frankly he shouldn't have been playing over Cholowski for the last couple months in Detroit...

That's the stat watcher in me that came to that conclusion. His line looks decent for a DRW cellar team. I mean only -1 seems like a win and he's not known for offense so his minor contributions seems about on par with most years. Anyway, he CAN be solid and I like the player, and regardless think it's a savvy move. Will it pay off? Time will tell I guess.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Funny how after all these years, now Sakic and Yzerman are making trades with each other

Those two guys were never involved in the ugly stuff in that rivalry, they were off limits on both teams and it was understood. No matter how heated that thing got, you had a hard time finding Wings fans that had anything but respect for Sakic and while I wasn't on the other side, I never felt Yzerman was hated on the Avs side of things either from what I could gather.

I know some Wings fans do, but I don't have a lot of animosity towards the Avs. I miss the heights of that rivalry, but it was contained to that era for me at least. I really like watching their current team and wish them well. With the way Yzerman and Sakic have always handled themselves, it isn't surprising that they don't see things that way, they just do what they think is best.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad