Confirmed Trade: [COL/DET] Patrik Nemeth (50% retained) for 2022 4th round pick

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Uhh... Colorado needed a defender? Lol.

Byram 2 concussions+ another injury + Covid positive test today (talk about a cursed rookie season), EJ MIA for months now with no signs of returning, McDonald suspended for 2 games, Timmins just got back from injury probably down in the AHL till the end of the season to give him some stability and Bednar has been overplaying Toews, Girard and to a lesser extent Makar hard to make up for it because he doesn't trust the likes of Renouf, Burroughs, Gilbert or Pateryn enough...

So it made sense...

Now I fully expect the Avs to trade their 6th round pick in 2022 for the best goalie available for that on deadline day to make the "picks available in 2021 and 2022" fully symmetric. We are currently missing a 2nd, 4th and 6th in 2021 and a 2nd and 4th in 2022 now.

EDIT:

That said. It certainly looks like the Avs regret the Ian Cole deal right now...

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nemeth was a healthy playoff scratch with the Avs a few years ago when the Avs had a much worse defense than they do now.

this was a throwaway trade. Don’t like or get this. This isn’t depth. This is a #7 or #8 guy.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Now I fully expect the Avs to trade their 6th round pick in 2022 for the best goalie available for that on deadline day to make the "picks available in 2021 and 2022" fully symmetric. We are currently missing a 2nd, 4th and 6th in 2021 and a 2nd and 4th in 2022 now.

Sakic believes in the symmetry of the universe.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Byram 2 concussions+ another injury + Covid positive test today (talk about a cursed rookie season), EJ MIA for months now with no signs of returning, McDonald suspended for 2 games, Timmins just got back from injury probably down in the AHL till the end of the season to give him some stability and Bednar has been overplaying Toews, Girard and to a lesser extent Makar hard to make up for it because he doesn't trust the likes of Renouf, Burroughs, Gilbert or Pateryn enough...

So it made sense...

EDIT:

That said. It certainly looks like the Avs regret the Ian Cole deal right now...
Having Ian Cole still would be convenient, and it would have been possible had Johnson gone on LTIR a week or two earlier, but you couldn't foresee that EJ would be LTIR'd for the rest of the season so th Cole trade had to happen for cap reasons.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Man come on! I wanted the Hawks to get him, Chicago would have paid his whole contract I'm sure, not happy

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Wings fans It’s happening!!!!

Realistically unless Stecher, Namestnikov, or Fabbri (Highly unlikely) is moved I don't expect much more than 3rds and 4ths.

Hard to get excited about because you wont really know if you have anything for almost 5 years.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Good for Wings, wasn't sure if any contenders would even have interest in him atp. He's decent in his own zone but offense and transition game is total poop

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Realistically unless Stecher, Namestnikov, or Fabbri (Highly unlikely) is moved I don't expect much more than 3rds and 4ths.

Hard to get excited about because you wont really know if you have anything for almost 5 years.

Quite the contrary. I’m very excited because it means the season is almost completed and we can gain assets from moving pieces that don’t at all have a place with this team’s future. Whether it be a big or small gain; it’s still a gain.

Also, by moving bodies it can potentially free up ice time for younger players to showcase themselves for a few games before season end.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Quite the contrary. I’m very excited because it means the season is almost completed and we can gain assets from moving pieces that don’t at all have a place with this team’s future. Whether it be a big or small gain; it’s still a gain.

Also, by moving bodies it can potentially free up ice time for younger players to showcase themselves for a few games before season end.

True.

Though honestly I'm not that excited for anybody outside the guys currently stuck in Sweden, lol. Which is pretty much our entire Top 5 prospects.

Reactions: 13to40

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I must admit, I did NOT see this coming

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad