Confirmed with Link: [COL/DET] Avs acquire Patrik Nemeth for a 4th rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Wait, is that the same Erik Gustafsson currently playing for the Canadiens?

I'm impressed, it's correct. This was a good junior team, if the rumours are correct they were dominating. One of the more talanted junior teams ever. I believe several of them are still friends, for Landeskog mostly Claesson and Gustafsson I think (but not 100% sure).

If you run this article through google translate (Swedish -> English).
Fostrade i Hammarby – nu tar NHL-svenskarna över Globen: ”Rätt sjukt när man tänker på det” - Hockeysverige

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm watching the game now, mostly though the 1st period, and Nemeth is literally the worst defenseman I've seen on this team this season. He was literally gliding back into the zone as *his man* was streaking towards the net unopposed. Every time there's been a defensive breakdown, I rewind a bit and, yup, it's #24 on the ice. Please, give me back out AHL callups. Nemeth is making Dan f***ing Renouf look like Nicklas Lidstrom

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Wings fans said Nemeth was ass this season, usually I believe the fanbase that watches every minutes of their team.

Maybe its still an adjustment period and he gets it together or maybe not.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I'm watching the game now, mostly though the 1st period, and Nemeth is literally the worst defenseman I've seen on this team this season. He was literally gliding back into the zone as *his man* was streaking towards the net unopposed. Every time there's been a defensive breakdown, I rewind a bit and, yup, it's #24 on the ice. Please, give me back out AHL callups. Nemeth is making Dan f***ing Renouf look like Nicklas Lidstrom

I did the same thing. There were a few odd man rushes and I had to re-wind and sure enough it was Nemeth. And God damn, I don't remember him being this slow as molasses..

When Byram and McDonald come back he needs to sit.

Toews - Makar
Graves - Girard
Byram - McDonald
Nemeth - Timmins

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I did the same thing. There were a few odd man rushes and I had to re-wind and sure enough it was Nemeth. And God damn, I don't remember him being this slow as molasses..

When Byram and McDonald come back he needs to sit.

Toews - Makar
Graves - Girard
Byram - McDonald
Nemeth - Timmins

I don't know who should play with who (not that it really matters since they switch it up so much), but my order of who should play is this:
1. Makar
2. Toews
3. Girard
4. Timmins
5. Byram
6. McDonald
7. Graves
8. Middleton
9. Renouf
10. Burroughs
11. Nemeth

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I don't know who should play with who (not that it really matters since they switch it up so much), but my order of who should play is this:
1. Makar
2. Toews
3. Girard
4. Timmins
5. Byram
6. McDonald
7. Graves
8. Middleton
9. Renouf
10. Burroughs
11. Nemeth
Timmins shouldn't be higher than Byram, MacDonald, or Graves.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bednar admitted in the presser yesterday that Nemo wasn’t great but also added that because of his injury and the pause that he’s missed about a month of hockey and has some rust to shake off. He definitely looks a step behind to say the least. Unfortunately there’s not much that can be done, I don’t think anyone here would rather see Middleton or Burroughs.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I believe it's just an adjustment period. Nemeth should be fine #6D when he gets the hang of the system again.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Once we get Byram and/or MacDonald back I'd expect Nemeth to be a healthy scratch, or possibly 7D if Bednar opts for that route to manage PK minutes a bit.

Toews -- Makar
Byram -- Girard
Graves -- MacDonald
Nemeth - Timmins

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, he'll be fine. Rough start but like Bednar said he hasn't played hockey in like a month really.

And yes he needs to be better, but I think people need to keep expectations in check a little as well. He isn't a Top 4 guy at all, he's brought into be a #6/7 guy who when he plays can take some of the PK minutes off of Toews and Girard/Makar. If we ever get back to being healthy he likely sits or is the #6 guy...

Toews - Makar
Byram - Girard
Graves - Nemeth/MacDonald

And if EJ actually comes back in the playoffs he's the #7 guy for us.

Last edited:

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
1. Makar
2. Toews
3. Girard
4. Timmins
5. Byram
6. McDonald
7. Graves
8. Middleton
9. Renouf
10. Burroughs
11. Nemeth

Timmins? Yeah no

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nemeth's play is not great by any means, but he's not pissing me off nearly as bad as Graves is currently. He's losing puck battles, making passes that get picked off on a regular basis, and taking penalties that are not only dumb, but lazy.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Another game where almost every time Nemeth is on the ice, the other team either scores or gets a good scoring chance. Please, please, please stop playing him.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Nemeth's play is not great by any means, but he's not pissing me off nearly as bad as Graves is currently. He's losing puck battles, making passes that get picked off on a regular basis, and taking penalties that are not only dumb, but lazy.

The dude also has no idea when to pinch and, more importantly, when not to. Last night I recall him flying into the O-zone trying to poke-check a Shark's player, completely missing, and then leaving them with an odd-man rush. Fortunately, we got away with it, but that is infuriating to watch.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I come in piece from the Blackhawks board...I was hoping Chicago would have signed Nemeth back when he was a free agent and acquire him this last trade deadline...but you guys did...how are you liking him? Very complimentary to your young mobile defence corp...solid solid solid

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I come in piece from the Blackhawks board...I was hoping Chicago would have signed Nemeth back when he was a free agent and acquire him this last trade deadline...but you guys did...how are you liking him? Very complimentary to your young mobile defence corp...solid solid solid

:laugh: You might come away glad your team didn’t sign him.

I’ll admit he brought some physicality against a Blues team that likes to play rough but I’m not sure it was worth the defensive gaffes and adventures with the puck. He’s not a horrible player but I’m not loving his second stint with the team. It’s a depth rental for a team that was navigating injuries on the blueline so it was worth it, but I definitely do not want him back past this season.

Reactions: McMetal

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Deal. You can have him. No take backs.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
In his current run with the team, Nemeth is okay on the PK and when physical play is called for. That's about it. He's even worse with the puck than I remember. Also, either the system changed or he seems to have completely forgotten the defensive system, because when they're a breakdown in our zone it seems like 75% of the time it's because he was out of position. Some of that is of course created by his poor skating abilities, but it's also his positioning. Offensively of course he's a complete black hole whose only purpose is to pass it to better players or shoot it around the boards.

I get why he's here, but it's a real shame the coaching staff wasn't able to find someone among our various AHL guys (MacDonald/Middleton/Renouf/Gilbert/Burroughs) to fill that role without being such a liability out there. If Grubauer was playing a little worse I think we'd have lost some important games by now directly due to Nemo's mistakes with and without the puck.

It's a shame because I remember in his first year with Detroit I was looking at stats and he seemed to be playing really well for them. I thought when we got him back we'd be getting a more polished defensive product who was aware of his strengths and weaknesses and just played a simple, reliable game - you know, play 10-15 minutes, kill penalties, and otherwise be invisible. Instead, we get a guy who thinks he can throw tape-to-tape cross-ice passes at his own blue line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad