Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Darren Helm signs with the Avalanche (1 year, $1M)

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
This guys still in the NHL

Remember he was well liked from 2009 or so till 2014 by a lot of fans. Was noted for his speed.

Fast skater, he'll get a ton of breakaway chances on the PK... unfortunately he can't stop or shoot.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Seriously haven't heard of this guy for years. A bit sad how irrelevant the red wings have become.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I thought he was ok. I'm just saying it looks like a pretty big drop off on the depth chart there. But I guess they can also just add a lefty dman as well and push a guy to the right like they did last year if/when EJ goes down.
I'm not really worried about losing Timmins. I know a lot of fans loved him but I always got Chris Bigras vibes.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Which metrics are you referring to? :)
All of them. He didn’t have a single weak defensive metric. Lead pk player and huge upgrade on Nieto. when Mack got hurt, Bednar made him 1C over the disappointing Kadri. His Corsi was good, good possession stats. Good expected goals for vs against. He played well with several line mates. Unlike a JTC that makes his linemates worse, Jost compliments them. His stats are also year over year improved vs a regressing player like kadri or stalled one like JTC. He’s also been durable. Dude was excellent value sub $1mm AAV.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Helm was great for about a five year stretch before the injuries and decline kicked in.

As already pointed out, Colorado would have been better off targeting Luke Glendending.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
This guys still in the NHL

Remember he was well liked from 2009 or so till 2014 by a lot of fans. Was noted for his speed.

Was he? I keep seeing the only reason he was around is because Holland is an idiot or something to that effect.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Was he? I keep seeing the only reason he was around is because Holland is an idiot or something to that effect.
Think that was in during the final years of Hollands tenure

Holland gave him a 5 year 3.850M contract starting from 2016-2017 by the time he had injuries piling on and was older on a near rebuilding Red wings team. The deal also had a NTC for the first 3 years which probably pissed fans of the team off

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
So how many players have went directly from Red Wings to Avalanche and vice versa? I know Bernier, Nemeth and now Helm.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Donskoi, Saad, Calvert,Bellemare are all gone....
But hey, at least we got Helm
The bottom 9 on this team is gutted jesus christ
Signing Helm for 1y/$ 1m will very likely not replace Donskoi or Saad. But this is not a bad signing, though.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad