Confirmed Trade: [COL/CHI] Carl Soderberg for Josh Dickinson and Ryder Rolston

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
Oh thank GOODNESS. This means JTC doesn't play center anymore, right?

Compher hasn't been playing center for a while now.

The comparison here is Jost vs. Soderberg for the 3C. Jost has been defensively solid, while Soderberg might provide the slightest of upgrades offensively, but it's not the kind of deadline deal that excites me even though I adore Carl as a consummate professional and person

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Compher hasn't been playing center for a while now.

The comparison here is Jost vs. Soderberg for the 3C. Jost has been defensively solid, while Soderberg might provide the slightest of upgrades offensively, but it's not the kind of deadline deal that excites me even though I adore Carl as a consummate professional and person
I'm guessing they keep Jost at the #3 centre spot for now considering that the line has been playing well. Soderberg can replace Bellemare, who's not been great, and he's great depth if either Bellemare/Jost get injured.

Reactions: klozge

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Cool, Colorado got better for nothing. Sakic is probably the only GM I would put in the same realm as Stevie, and trades like this really highlight that fact.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
I'm guessing they keep Jost at the #3 centre spot for now considering that the line has been playing well. Soderberg can replace Bellemare, who's not been great, and he's great depth if either Bellemare/Jost get injured.
But the PK can't suffer too much - both PEB and Carl have lost a step. We need the quickness back out on the top on the PK

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

PEB can go to wing and the O'Brien types can sit. Only downside is it might take LOC's ice time away when(if) he gets healthy

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
What do you expect from an ECHLer and a 5th round prospect?

The deal is fine. Not thrilled to give up on Rolston but he's years away so who knows how he will turn out

Soderberg's numbers could be better is all I'm saying

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Swag. Were Dickinson/Rolston any good or AHLers? I was hoping for another bottom pairing depth dman but will take a depth centre.
Dickinson, nothing really. C who was first draft eligible in 2016 (not taken). 14 points in 40 AHL games. 62 points in 68 ECHL games.
Rolston, name recognition from his father. 5th round pick. 6 points in 28 NCAA games with ND. He's likely to be a guy who does a minimum of 2 more years in the NCAA and more likely to complete all 4 years there before turning pro.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The deal is fine. Not thrilled to give up on Rolston but he's years away so who knows how he will turn out

Soderberg's numbers could be better is all I'm saying
Rolston is a nothing prospect. Avs have many of him in Kovalenko, Stienburg, Weiss, Ranta, Mutala, etc.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't get it?

How come every other 3rd liner gets a high-ish pick but this one gets pretty much nothing?

Has he been awful despite 3rd line point production?

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Pretty much a nothing burger of a trade. I love the Eliteprospects scouting report on Ryder:

"Quick release on his shot, used edgework combined with puck protection handles to evade pressure in the offensive zone, even employed a kind-of "stationary spin" at one point."

"One time he did a spin-o-rama". Nice.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I don't get it?

How come every other 3rd liner gets a high-ish pick but this one gets pretty much nothing?

Has he been awful despite 3rd line point production?

QGW7TTWAJ4I6FIVYSYJV5ERFG4.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad