Confirmed Trade: [COL/CHI] Carl Soderberg for Josh Dickinson and Ryder Rolston

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Why? I’m on the trade forum. Their trades have been disappointing for a team that has a real chance at the cup.

Fan base has been talking up Sakic as the second coming. Acquiring Dubnyk, Nemeth and Soderberg to strengthen the depth heading into a supposed cup run is certainly not a good look.

You realize where this team was at a few years ago right? Should maybe stick to poor takes about your own team buddy.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
When your team is doing great, I don't see any reason to risk breaking chemistry and the dynamic of the team. This chemistry and the intangibles of this team are much more important than adding a 25 goal scorer or a 4th defenseman who you need to move around your roster to fit in.

We had weakness at 3C and Soderberg can help there if Jost stops playing well. Nemeth brings depth to our defense which we needed with our injuries, and Dubnyk is a better insurance than what we had. In the end, we will need Grubauer to be healthy to win anyway.

Thought the Avs did great.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Is Nemeth an improvement on Cole?
Is Dubnyk an improvement?
Does Soderberg have anything left in the tank?
Byram is the one who replaced Cole and made Cole expendable. And yes he is an improvement.

Dubnyk is definitely an improvement on our gaping hole at 2G due to Francouz being on LTIR.

Soderberg just had to be good enough to keep AHLers like Dries, Megna, etc out of the lineup in the playoffs. I'm sure he'll manage that just fine.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
When your team is doing great, I don't see any reason to risk breaking chemistry and the dynamic of the team. This chemistry and the intangibles of this team are much more important than adding a 25 goal scorer or a 4th defenseman who you need to move around your roster to fit in.

We had weakness at 3C and Soderberg can help there if Jost stops playing well. Nemeth brings depth to our defense which we needed with our injuries, and Dubnyk is a better insurance than what we had. In the end, we will need Grubauer to be healthy to win anyway.

Thought the Avs did great.
Yep, Sakic plugged all the holes on the roster without giving up a single uncomfortable piece.

This roster is a serious contender this year, and still has all of its top prospects and 1st round picks to keep the window open for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad