Proposal: Col/cgy

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Two teams that have been spinning tires and not going anywhere the past 2 years. Both teams could use a shakeup.

To Colorado
D Dougie Hamilton
LW Michael Ferland
One of Kylington or Klimchuk

To Calgary
LW Gabe Landeskog
D Eric Gelinas

The price for a top D man is through the roof lately so you gotta pay to get one.

Trade might not make sense for Colorado at the moment since they can't score and trading their top LW won't improve things but adding Hamilton would be a huge upgrade on the blue line. Dougie is mobile and makes a good pass so maybe that would be a good start.

Colorado would then have 2 options for their forwards for the rest of the year.

1.Call up Greer and Compher
Or
2.Trade Barrie or draft picks for a forward.

Just an idea I had playing in my head seeing all these supposed Hamilton rumors. McKenzie and Dreger both said last year that Anaheim and Colorado were talking Lindholm/Landeskog. So it's not like Colorado isn't against trading him.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I would accept that deal.
Landeskog is my favourite player and would look great with Bennett and Tkatchuk.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Yuck, no. Hamilton solves nothing.

I wouldn't say that. He makes our top 4 a hell of a lot better. Johnson, Hamilton, Barrie, Zadorov.

Let's us call up Greer and or Compher who are close to being ready as well as replacing McLeod with a younger better version of himself in Ferland plus a very good prospect in Klimchuk or Kylington.

I know Avs fans would like a huge return if Landeskog is moved but look what Edmonton got for Hall. I say Larssen is on par with Hamilton. Mayyyybe a bit better defensively but the overall player is close. Landeskog may not be a 30-40 goal scorer like Hall was but his overall game is better. So the value would be close there as well.

Lots of people thinking Avs are getting hosed in this trade but I don't think so. The value is there each way.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Yeah I'm not a fan. I'd like a better defenceman coming back if Landeskog is traded. For the record, I would trade Barrie or Varlamov before Landeskog anyway if a core player should be traded. Out two way forward pool has taken enormous hit in last few years, lets not lose Landeskog also.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I too would love to have Landeskog on the Flames, his leadership is needed.
What about Dougie & Tkachuk for Landeskog & Zadorov?

Take out Zadorov and replace him with a lesser D prospect(Meloche maybe).

Landy is worth a substantial amount more then Dougie IMO. And While I agree that adding Tkachuk would sway the value in COLs favor, I dont think Zadorov is the amount it sways.

Zads is playing Top pairing minutes for us against other teams top lines and is looking very good in that position. Been our best Defender this year. At this point he holds a lot of value, especially to the Avs who gave up a lot to get him and are starting to see it pay off.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I like Landeskog, but trading Hamilton just guts the defense again. I'm not sure Landeskog would fit the Flames that well either.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I like Landeskog, but trading Hamilton just guts the defense again. I'm not sure Landeskog would fit the Flames that well either.

How not? I think he's exactly what we need. Defensively good, gritty, good leader.
Imagine Him, Bennett & Brouwer as a 2nd line.
Obviously we need a Dman back, and that's why I'd want Zads

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011
We need Hamilton considering he's our future top pairing with Brodie and gio is already 33. Can landeskog play RW?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Look at the return on Hall.

Colorado aren't in the position Edmonton were in where they had an abundance of forwards and no top level D.

This isn't 2013 when the Avs were all offense. Colorado lacks top 6 wingers more than any other position. They aren't going to trade their only proven top 6 winger for a defenseman who would be 3rd on the RHD depth chart.

Hall wasn't traded for Larsson because that's simply the league wide value. That trade happened because it's a move Edmonton had to make. One move doesn't dictate the market.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado aren't in the position Edmonton were in where they had an abundance of forwards and no top level D.

This isn't 2013 when the Avs were all offense. Colorado lacks top 6 wingers more than any other position. They aren't going to trade their only proven top 6 winger for a defenseman who would be 3rd on the RHD depth chart.

Hall wasn't traded for Larsson because that's simply the league wide value. That trade happened because it's a move Edmonton had to make. One move doesn't dictate the market.

Edmonton didn't have to make that move. They made it to improve their team, and Larsson was the best offer they got. Virtually every team in the league would like Hall on their team. There aren't many young top-4 defencemen available. Their value is high.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Look at the return on Hall.

1) Avs have a terrible offense, far worse than Edmonton. They can't make a desperation trade like Edmonton, and they don't have to either. 2) Larsson is a much better defender than Hamilton right now.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Edmonton didn't have to make that move. They made it to improve their team, and Larsson was the best offer they got. Virtually every team in the league would like Hall on their team. There aren't many young top-4 defencemen available. Their value is high.

There's a huge difference in Dougie Hamilton and Adam Larsson.

Also you didn't address the fact that it doesn't take Colorado's needs into consideration. If young NHL top 4 return that kind of value every time Colorado would have traded Tyson Barrie who is a better player than Hamilton for a top line winger a long time ago.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Lets blow this out of the water:

Gaudreau + Hamilton
for
Landeskog + Zadorov + cap dump.

(Sorry, i'm drunk :p )

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Lets blow this out of the water:

Gaudreau + Hamilton
for
Landeskog + Zadorov + cap dump.

(Sorry, i'm drunk :p )

Done no take backs :laugh::laugh:. Iginla is the cap dump. Can someone get Treliving this drunk too? Then we trade Barrie for RNH.

Gaudreau-RNH-MacKinnon
Grigorenko-Duchene-Rantanen

Beauchemin-Johnson
Wiercioch-Hamilton

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Done no take backs :laugh::laugh:. Iginla is the cap dump. Can someone get Treliving this drunk too? Then we trade Barrie for RNH.

Gaudreau-RNH-MacKinnon
Grigorenko-Duchene-Rantanen

Beauchemin-Johnson
Wiercioch-Hamilton

Haha - Obviously i'm just screwing around... Frustrating times being a Flames fan right now. I would entertain a deal revolving around Lando and Johnny, though. Other pieces would need to be added.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad