Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avalanche sign F Ben Meyers to ELC (2 years, $912.5k AAV)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
That's a nice get for the Avs. It'll be a two year ELC presumably starting this season. As I understand it, he can play in the regular season but isn't eligible for the playoffs since he signed after the trade deadline and wasn't on Colorado's reserve list (ie, previously drafted).

Edit: Russo with the confirmation

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There is a good chance Avs will continue to be a good team going forward but there is also a looming cap crunch when MacKinnon gets his extension and being a solid player on an ELC helps address team needs.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You didn't want him on the Wild?

I personally would have wanted him to see some more options down the middle, but honestly the way the coach and GM have been deploying the roster, I'm not sure it would have made a difference. He probably would have been used as insurance on the fourth line anyway. I don't really see much of a special player long term. Not going to lose much sleep over it.

I'm also not one of the Gopher-fan Wild fans so I have no sentimental attachment to him.

Reactions: MK9

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Rich get richer.

I don't blame the kid -- he gets to go to a team that has as good as a chance as any to win a cup, and the other teams in that category are more cash strapped or may not have the openings in the lineup (like Florida). So it's a great landing spot for him personally.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Winning a title will be a novelty for anyone associated with the Goofs.

1649881830101.png

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I honestly didn't think the Wild would land him, but I never want to see the Avs get nice things. Worst possible conclusion.

Now the Rockies, I'll cheer for them all day long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad