Confirmed with Link: [COL/ARI] Mikkel Boedker for Alex Tanguay, Conner Bleackley, and Kyle Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Bleackley was at worst worth a 2nd since they could just not sign him and he would turn into a 2nd round pick. Woods probably is worth a 2nd.

So two 2nd round picks for 20 games of Boedker and getting rid of Tanguay.

This is a front office that are so desperate to make the playoffs they aren't thinking clearly.

Yep. But don't expect many on here to get that.
Boedker will not do much in terms of making the playoffs or not and than we either get to see 2 2nds walk out of the door for nothing or overpay a player we absolutely should not overpay..

Oh well.. Business as usual in Avs land.

And in 3 years everyone will be whining about us having no depth and why we haven't taken the step to contender yet.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
My mentions on twitter are going crazy.

On a swedish NHL-podcast I went on like a 15 minute rant about how Boedker is one of the most overrated players in the league and it's absurd that he is looking for 5M.

If he is a rental for pieces they never were going to use, fine. But please don't sign him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think losing Wood is bigger that losing Bleacks. Wood has big potential, but needs lots of work. Bleacks will be a solid NHL player, but has limited upside. Hope he does well in Arizona.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bleackley was at worst worth a 2nd since they could just not sign him and he would turn into a 2nd round pick. Woods probably is worth a 2nd.

So two 2nd round picks for 20 games of Boedker and getting rid of Tanguay.

This is a front office that are so desperate to make the playoffs they aren't thinking clearly

It beats the two 2nd's the Sharks gave up?

I don't think this is a bad deal. Boedker can be re-signed if he chooses. Bleackley clearly had no future here, and Tangs is done.

The only real loss down the road might be Wood and that's if he pans out to his full potential.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How much is he gonna cost to resign that's the question? Feels like they can't sign both him and Rads.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Question, can we afford to re-sign Boedker and then sign a $5 Mish FA dman during upcoming free agency alongside the MacKinnon and Barrie extensions?

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Five years from now Boedker will be on a different team. Bleaks will be a fourth liner on a two way contract. Wood will be a below average AHLer.

Nothing for nothing. But maybe it puts the Avs into the playoffs.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Question, can we afford to re-sign Boedker and then sign a $5 Mish FA dman during upcoming free agency alongside the MacKinnon and Barrie extensions?

Which D-man in free agency would you possible want to pay 5 million for?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
McKenzie speculating that Arizona might not even sign Bleackley and would take the compensatory pick.

Man his stock has really, really fallen.

In the end of the day I'm okay with this trade. Sad to lose Wood, but Boedker is such a significant upgrade to Tanguay in our top 6.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I like it. Was hoping for Boedker. A bit steep if he walks, but that's an issue for later. Also sad to see Tanguay out. He was a shell of himself, but as a nostalgia piece he was gold.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So Roy and Sakic have hit Hejduk and Tanguay with the axe now. So much for these guys loving their friends from the glory years.

I'll ask this again, who is the last good prospect the Avs traded that amounted to anything in the NHL?

I see people constantly posting about how bad Boedker is even strength. Can we get a read on if he is going to help the power play we all complain about every game? You know, now that he is the Avs leading scorer in power play points among forwards?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So they went and did the one thing I didn't want them to. Now, please don't go near that rumoured $5M/yr asking price.

Gives up a big upgrade right now but I don't know where that gets us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad