Confirmed with Link: [COL/ARI] Mikkel Boedker for Alex Tanguay, Conner Bleackley, and Kyle Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
Great trade by the avs. Got rid of tangs and didn't really trade anything of note beyond that

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Well we didn't sell the farm, but it's a bit curious as to why we traded for a rental. If there's a follow-up contract that's already in the works for this, it makes sense. I'm still skeptical though.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Here come the "OMG A RENTAL" posts.

He's not a rental until he walks July 1st. Use your heads.

Also, they never had any intentions on signing Bleaks. Tangs was absolute trash. And Wood was pretty overrated around here. But if the price for getting rid of Tangs was Wood, then it was well worth it.

Nothing wrong with this trade as long as they re-sign Boeds to a reasonable deal.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Avs management making a bold move. Must've been difficult to ship off tangs. Bleackley obviously didn't have fans in office, he wasn't going to be given a shot here. I think it's a great trade for the avs

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Would have to re-sign him at a more reasonable contract then what he supposedly wants, but otherwise I like the trade. Tanguay is done. Bleakly is a bottom 6 player at best, and wood is a long term project.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Really good trade by Sakic.

Bleackley obviously wasn't going to work out and Wood was far down the depth chart.

Also give Sakic credit for trading Tanguay. He is a player with sentiment surrounding him but he is probably on the brink of retirement.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs just made a really good trade. Boedker will be playing with two players in Mack/Landy who are both far superior to any one player Boedker has ever played with. If they can lock him up at somewhere around 5m per year this trade is a huge step in the right direction.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I think we have to get used to the fact that Sakic is never gonna get us steals or great value on trades, he's a new and unexperienced GM.

If Boedker walks in the summer then this is bad asset mgmt losing two prospects that could have gotten a good return going forward but if Boedker re-signs then it's excellent, it gives us two 2nd line wingers for next season alongside Rantanen which we badly need. Let's be honest, Landeskog is the only top six winger on this team right now.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I cannot for the life of me believe that Roy and Sakic traded their great buddy Tangs. Never would have thought it would happen.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bleackley was at worst worth a 2nd since they could just not sign him and he would turn into a 2nd round pick. Woods probably is worth a 2nd.

So two 2nd round picks for 20 games of Boedker and getting rid of Tanguay.

This is a front office that are so desperate to make the playoffs they aren't thinking clearly.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dater says Avs aren't done.

Let's slip Iggy a million under the table and ask him to waive to go to Tampa for Drouin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad