Cody Franson or Michael Del Zotto

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
People are over-rating DZ here. Franson was playing hurt last season, almost all season and he still produced.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
People actually said Franson. Yikes. Both players are useless

It's hard to argue that DZ has fallen hard, He is bad in his own end, probably as bad as Franson, maybe worse. He is suppose to be an offensive defenseman who can't put up points. Only thing he has is skating and for some reason people are in love with people who can skate.

Between the two of them who in their right mind would choose DZ? At least Franson hits, and can chip in on the offensive side of things. That being said I don't and never really have liked him. But I am willing to see how he does this season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's hard to argue that DZ has fallen hard, He is bad in his own end, probably as bad as Franson, maybe worse. He is suppose to be an offensive defenseman who can't put up points. Only thing he has is skating and for some reason people are in love with people who can skate.

Between the two of them who in their right mind would choose DZ? At least Franson hits, and can chip in on the offensive side of things. That being said I don't and never really have liked him. But I am willing to see how he does this season.

MDZ brings similar qualities and attributes to the table what Leafs already have in Gardiner and Rielly as in offensive PMD with strong skating abilities that shoot left.

Franson is big, physical (when he wants to be) a RH shot which is the mirror image of MDZ.

Based on need and balance Franson is the better fit for the Leafs.

If however Gardiner were traded for say ROR to address a need elsewhere then MDZ might be a fit as his replacement on D.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

MDZ does already have a 41 point +20 season under his belt...he was drafted in the same first round as Gardiner, so he's not a finished product either. I'd definitely bring him in on a 1 yr 1m type deal, as our #6 or #7 d...probably push Franson to #7 but use him extensively on the pp.

Gardiner /Phaneuf
Rielly / Robidas
MDZ / Polak
Franson

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
MDZ does already have a 41 point +20 season under his belt...he was drafted in the same first round as Gardiner, so he's not a finished product either. I'd definitely bring him in on a 1 yr 1m type deal, as our #6 or #7 d...probably push Franson to #7 but use him extensively on the pp.

Gardiner /Phaneuf
Rielly / Robidas
MDZ / Polak
Franson

I'm literally confused by this. Del Zotto is bad. Really bad. So bad, in fact, he got told to go home and no one cared. What possible reason could we have for signing this guy, and only playing him on the PP, over players like Gardiner, Rielly and Franson? You can't even shelter him 5v5 because he is that bad defensively that it doesn't matter. What is the reasoning among some of you for wanting a player worse than Franson on this team, in basically every way right now?

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I'm literally confused by this. Del Zotto is bad. Really bad. So bad, in fact, he got told to go home and no one cared. What possible reason could we have for signing this guy, and only playing him on the PP, over players like Gardiner, Rielly and Franson? You can't even shelter him 5v5 because he is that bad defensively that it doesn't matter. What is the reasoning among some of you for wanting a player worse than Franson on this team, in basically every way right now?

I didn't suggest using him on the pp I suggested he play on the 3rd pairing ld with Franson getting the pp time. I don't think he'd be worse than Franson defensively playing the left side 3rd pairing, we just traded for Polak so the right side is spoken for. Signing him for 1 year 1 million is a low risk move with some upside to it, call me sentimental but I'd take a flyer on a home town boy who should be motivated to keep his career alive.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I didn't suggest using him on the pp I suggested he play on the 3rd pairing ld with Franson getting the pp time. I don't think he'd be worse than Franson defensively playing the left side 3rd pairing, we just traded for Polak so the right side is spoken for. Signing him for 1 year 1 million is a low risk move with some upside to it, call me sentimental but I'd take a flyer on a home town boy who should be motivated to keep his career alive.

I've pretty much had my fill of the "hometown boy" garbage tbh. His career shouldn't need to be kept alive. This just shows how much drive he doesn't have

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 3h
Zuccarello settles @ 3.5 mil with NYR

So he's making more than Franson...

Makes sense. He's a better player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad