Player Discussion Cody Eakin

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Dont' get me going on them letting Larry walk.
i don’t think larry wanted to stay. kind of crazy that he ended up going to arizona tho, they were pretty decent last year but now they’re full tank mode. prolly not what he bargained for

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
i don’t think larry wanted to stay. kind of crazy that he ended up going to arizona tho, they were pretty decent last year but now they’re full tank mode. prolly not what he bargained for

His brother said he did. So... yeah.

I don't think he bought into Ralph's snake oil.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'm hoping Cody takes Dahlin aside and gives him some survival tips. Eakin never backs down from a fight and he never lost one that he couldn't skate away from under his own power. He took on big guys and survived.

Reactions: sufferer

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
Not sure what the critics of Eakin expect , he's never been a consistent scorer . He's not really a power forward and most games , he's not really noticeable , in a good or bad way . His 55% FO pct. does add value to a team that is at the bottom of the league in FO % . The Sabres have quite a few issues to deal with , but I don't think that Eakin is one that needs immediate attention .

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm hoping Cody takes Dahlin aside and gives him some survival tips. Eakin never backs down from a fight and he never lost one that he couldn't skate away from under his own power. He took on big guys and survived.

"top line centers for both clubs"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Between trolling Jack on Friday and now the rumors that he's responsible for today's "inspired" arrival costuming, I can say that the Ginger Ninja has made me a fan of him as a person even if I am not a fan of his results as a player. Well played on both counts Cody. Well played.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How did he troll Eichel? Please tell me more, I must have missed it!

We lost the GDT and GBU for the Vegas game - but the gist of it is Jack gets tossed from the final faceoff of the Vegas game. Eakin then does Jack's "head roll" thing that he does when he's miffed about something - it's a tick he's had that seems to indicate he's all PO'd about something. And then Eakin wins the draw, they rim it around the boards and Tuch beats Jack to the puck at the blueline, resulting in the ENG that made it 3-1.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
We lost the GDT and GBU for the Vegas game - but the gist of it is Jack gets tossed from the final faceoff of the Vegas game. Eakin then does Jack's "head roll" thing that he does when he's miffed about something - it's a tick he's had that seems to indicate he's all PO'd about something. And then Eakin wins the draw, they rim it around the boards and Tuch beats Jack to the puck at the blueline, resulting in the ENG that made it 3-1.

That's f'ing hilarious!!!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Has any player had a better PR week than Eakin has?

:sarcasm:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Me seeing Eakin doing cool things:

1647259935683.png

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

Wow…I saw it live, but this is the first time I’ve seen it replayed. He stares at him for an eternity. That’s cold.

Once again, I like the Sabres?

Reactions: Chainshot

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Eakin is overpaid (thank you, Ralph Krueger) but all he has done of late is troll Jack Eichel in a faceoff circle to the delight of fans on social media and help win this team back-to-back overtime games by going 3 for 3 in faceoffs in the extra sessions. And he conjured up one of the great team bonding ideas in recent franchise history with the Flint Tropics jersey entrance at the Heritage Classic. Scoff if you will, but those things matter.

Harrington has converted to Eakinism. :eek2:

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Eakin is overpaid (thank you, Ralph Krueger) but all he has done of late is troll Jack Eichel in a faceoff circle to the delight of fans on social media and help win this team back-to-back overtime games by going 3 for 3 in faceoffs in the extra sessions. And he conjured up one of the great team bonding ideas in recent franchise history with the Flint Tropics jersey entrance at the Heritage Classic. Scoff if you will, but those things matter.

Can we add Cody Eakin to the language filter please?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

And he continued to play bad hockey, maybe he is a really great guy and really knows how to win face-offs, but no one will convince me that they should re-sign him.

Reactions: beerme1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad