Cody Eakin hit on Lundqvist (UPD: Suspended 4 games)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
watching the game... it was BRUTAL... what the heck is going on past couple days with these brutal plays

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not dirty imo.

Lundqvist mistimed the handling of that puck. First, he wanted to stop it and leave it for his defender then saw the defender was expecting a pass so he went back to play. Eakin is not letting up on the play and the speed at which he was going, the space he had behind the net, and Lundqvist's mistiming resulted in Lundy in a heap on the ice

Lmao there is ALWAYS one contrarian no matter what.

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
Did they not beat the **** out of him?

I can't believe it either. If there ever was an argument to have an enforcer-type player on the team, this is the perfect case study. DAL got away with it. NYR unable to capitalize on the PP...

I know how we all feel about staged fights, but what the ****!? Girardi better not have been on the ice for that one.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Eakin is just making sure his name is permanently etched in hockey history. This could have been bad enough to gain him infamy.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It was a pretty dumb move. Eakin tried to muscle his way past Hank. But I didn't think it was super malicious. Just dumb.

Good to see Hank back. Totally messed up hit.

Honestly I think he dove a bit. Hank consciously protected his head all the way to the ice after kinda flinging his body. With the way his body reacted, I'd expect him to be knocked out, but he wasn't.

Just IMO, I know it won't be a popular one.

Nevermind. I just saw it at full speed.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
No clue what Eakin was thinking, hell he rarely hits as it is. As long as Hank is ok its a win for Eakin to not be playing. Hes terrible this year.

Stupid stupid Cody

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Our team doesn't fight. Klein is the only fighter on the team, and we don't have any of the fighter only players.

Voracek isnt a "fighter" either. Hes 3rd in NHL scoring. Yet last night he dropped them with Landeskog for a big open ice hit on Raffl.

This is Hockey. Team is family and family needs to be protected and fought for sometimes. No excuse to not maul Eakin there.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Did he seriously not getting jumped by the entire Rangers team after this?

What a bonehead move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad