Cody Eakin hit on Lundqvist (UPD: Suspended 4 games)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
When I watched this hit in the highlights of the game I couldn't believe what I was seeing, dumb dumb dumb play by Eakin and some could argue 4 games are few for what he did.

The other thing that surprised me aside from the hit is noone standing up for the goalie.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
meh i'm okay with it, goalies should be fair game out of the net.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Rangers players still don't stand up for their goalie

It's actually pretty sad, he's been run over before without any retaliation

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Two rookies were closest to Hank when it happened. Skjei had a full cage on because he got injured last game and Vesey skated after him but then i dont know what he did, Nash went after him after that but then the ref jumped in. I dont mind it, we got a 5 min pp and we answered by winning the game 2-0. Perfect response imo

A pp you didnt score on. And you beat a team ravaged by injuries in the midst of a 4-6 stretch. Helluva response to a 4th line scrub running your meal ticket during the first period of game 32 of the regular season.

Lets also not forget the Rags are 15 points up on the playoff cut off and have the best record in the league.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
A pp you didnt score on. And you beat a team ravaged by injuries in the midst of a 4-6 stretch. Helluva response to a 4th line scrub running your meal ticket during the first period of game 32 of the regular season.

Lets also not forget the Rags are 15 points up on the playoff cut off and have the best record in the league.
It's obviously effected the team greatly.

1st in the league, yeah there is no pressure from other teams in the Metro. At all.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
In 30+ years ofnl watching hockey I've never seen anything like that at any level. 4 games seems light.

There was a Canucks-Sabres game circa 1998 that had two back to back instances of this. Led to sean burke fighting Matt Barnaby himself IIRC.

Also Bob Probert had a fairly infamous example of this in the 80's on Doug Keans.

A Flames Ducks game in 2002 had about 3 consecutive brawls after Berube ran Herbert.

Also, Matt Cooke ran Dipietro 3 times in the same game. That was part of a season long list of transgressions/(perceived) disrespect between the Islanders and Penguins that culminated in a 345 PIM game in February of 2011

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hate seeing none of the rangers stand up for hank

eakin should have gotten his face pushed in after that yet no one did anything

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well, Dallas is in New York next month, I think, to wrap up the season series.

I'm sure Eakin will be suiting up for that one.

See if any of the Rangers players remember to do anything about it then. :dunno:

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Well, Dallas is in New York next month, I think, to wrap up the season series.

I'm sure Eakin will be suiting up for that one.

See if any of the Rangers players remember to do anything about it then. :dunno:

Expect to see Tanner Glass - The Golden Child called up for this one :yo:

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
It's obviously effected the team greatly.

1st in the league, yeah there is no pressure from other teams in the Metro. At all.

Im sure avenging your fallen goalie would have resulted in a loss and a hefty losing streak.

If Im the team that plays the Rangers in the playoffs Im telling my players to crash the net extra hard all series.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00