Post-Game Talk: Cody Crybabies Beat Final Boss Doughty

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Team needs to play Stetcher down the stretch to figure out what they have/don't have with that Nurse pairing. If there's a fit there then neither Ceci or Desharnais have to be in the top 4 come playoff time, which would be huge.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Skinner gets a lot of hate on these boards but he’s put together an impressive season. 11th overall in GAA, just above Shesterkin, Ullmark, and Markstrom. 20th in sv % right around the same as Saros, Markstrom, and Sorokin. He’s never going to be Hellebyuck, but for just over $2 million , that’s incredible bang for our buck.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Our top offensive guys are red hot lately. In their last 5 games, McDavid has 14 points while Drai and Bouchard have 9 points.

The Dman scoring is looking pretty interesting. Right now the top 5 in points are:

1. Hughes - 81 points
2. Makar - 78 points
3. Josi - 76 points
4. Bouchard - 74 points
5. Hedman - 70 points

I don't think Bouchard will likely catch Hughes, but finishing 2nd ahead of Makar could be possible if he continues to stay hot. The fact that Bouchard is on that list with those names is incredible to me -- those other guys are all amazing players. What a breakout year it's been for him.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Drai is such a monster if he wants it. By far my favourite player. Stu really solid and calm.

Kane and Perry just stomping some LA goombas out there was not only entertaining but it set the tone for the rest of the team.

I wouldn't mind to try some of Holloway or Lavoie in some games. Imo Stetcher needs some games too. He wasn't bad in the ones he played.

Great game, great effort overall!

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Oilers played really well defensively like I said earlier. Kings didn't have a lot going until the Oilers started hanging back.

Oilers got a bit lucky when Dubois wrap around didn't go in.

But again masterful defending. I could point 20 plays tonight Drai made in own zone AND he got 3 assists. If anybody was on him in this GDT they should go to a doctor.

Drai was the best Oiler.

McD made some own zone turnovers towards end of game with it 3-1.

Nuge with a bad shift change leading to the Kings one goal. Something he's toned down but still occurring.

On what planet is this Nuge's fault, he was off the ice for 5 seconds on a GOOD change. He has never had a problem with bad changes..sheesh.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Love seeing Kane and Perry tag-teaming guys out there. That line was quite effective.

Perry seems to bring out the best in Kane by keeping him engaged; While McLoed's speed rounds out those two far better than Henrique's hockey IQ could.

Speaking of Henrique, he also seems to be clicking well with Draisiatl. He's also looked good with Nuge, which is perfect for when Knob wants to load up the top line, as it means the second line shouldn't be MIA.

Though if I were Foegele, I'd be starting to look over my shoulder. His ice time has fallen off, and his production has gone ice cold (only 1 apple in his last 6), all despite still being stapled to Drai at evens. Unlike everyone else in the top 9, he isn't a major part of either special team. I'm also not 100% sure he bumps Janmark or Brown (two key PK'ers) out of the 4th line.

Holloway will be the first up, but I could see Lavoie looking real good in that 2nd line RW spot.

Reactions: bellagiobob

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Oilers played really well defensively like I said earlier. Kings didn't have a lot going until the Oilers started hanging back.

Oilers got a bit lucky when Dubois wrap around didn't go in.

But again masterful defending. I could point 20 plays tonight Drai made in own zone AND he got 3 assists. If anybody was on him in this GDT they should go to a doctor.

Drai was the best Oiler.

McD made some own zone turnovers towards end of game with it 3-1.

Nuge with a bad shift change leading to the Kings one goal. Something he's toned down but still occurring.
You came here just to say drai was better then mcdavid you are obsessed and weird

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Lol they eliminated the kings two years in a row dude
True, but it's not like the two teams jave stayed exactly the same.. Every year is a different challenge. I think this win gives us a bit of a mental edge if we face them yet again in the first round, and I guess it reassures me that we can still take them out, even given how extra motivated they may be. So maybe I was speaking to some latent anxiety I may have, and I'm sure many of us have to some degree. I have less of it now. Still kinda hoping we face another team in the first round, because I hate the Kings' style of play.

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
arent we facing the Knights in the first round? as of right now.
Yep, Knights just passed the Kings for 3rd in the division. Not sure who we match up against better, to be honest. I think right now I'd just prefer anyone aside from Colorado and Nashville, though I think the Preds are due to cool off in a big way. Don't think they're nearly as good as their 18 game point streak led some to believe and they may have peaked just a tad too early.

LA or Vegas are going to be a challenge, but I'm fairly confident in these guys right now after a performance like last night.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Yep, Knights just passed the Kings for 3rd in the division. Not sure who we match up against better, to be honest. I think right now I'd just prefer anyone aside from Colorado and Nashville, though I think the Preds are due to cool off in a big way. Don't think they're nearly as good as their 18 game point streak led some to believe and they may have peaked just a tad too early.

LA or Vegas are going to be a challenge, but I'm fairly confident in these guys right now after a performance like last night.
We all know the knights will be 100% healthy for the first round of the playoffs with Stone and Hertl back. If things unfold as what I think it will? I may take a step away from being a hockey fan in general and start following another sport.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Not sure where this thought belongs exactly, but if in the off chance we do end up winning the division. That's gotta put Knobby in a good chance for coach of the year, right?

Or is there a McDrai factor that just erases all of his credit?

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Not sure where this thought belongs exactly, but if in the off chance we do end up winning the division. That's gotta put Knobby in a good chance for coach of the year, right?

Or is there a McDrai factor that just erases all of his credit?

I honestly hope he doesn't win. The Jack Adams is almost more cursed than the Calder is.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
We all know the knights will be 100% healthy for the first round of the playoffs with Stone and Hertl back. If things unfold as what I think it will? I may take a step away from being a hockey fan in general and start following another sport.
The third period call reversal in the Vegas/Winnipeg game does make one wonder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad