Injury Report: Cody Ceci - Suspected high ankle sprain - done for season?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
if Ceci was at least decent offensively, or didn't make too much money, I think he would be pretty well liked. His defensive game is pretty good. Unfortunately, he just doesn't fit the Leafs with how much he's paid and how poor he is offensively. Hopefully he recovers and goes on to have a fulfilling career elsewhere

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
if Ceci was at least decent offensively, or didn't make too much money, I think he would be pretty well liked. His defensive game is pretty good. Unfortunately, he just doesn't fit the Leafs with how much he's paid and how poor he is offensively. Hopefully he recovers and goes on to have a fulfilling career elsewhere
He is 2 mill too expensive for what he brings. He is not that bad though. Jake Gardiner was worse to be completely honest

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Yes, they called him up today.

E4923A1D-2D93-4BEB-B00F-5D5A9910F790.gif

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the Skipper brave and sure,
five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour,
a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
the Minnow would be lost.
(The Minnow would be lost.)

The ship's aground on the shore of this
uncharted desert isle
with Robidas,
the Clarkson too.
That Horton man, and his $$$,
that Lupul guy.....
Cody Ceci the de-fense man,
here on Robidas Isle.

Reactions: nobody

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Doobler could’ve traded Ceci for a mid round pick. Should have done it the minute Liljegren showed he was NHL ready last month. Opportunity lost, but it is what it is.

Mar 14, 2011

Finally, someone is give Ceci a fair criticism. The man's TOI QOC is 2nd or 3rd among Leafs Dman (Rielly 1st, Muzzin and Ceci are close), yet not counting Sandin's limited, sheltered minutes samplesize, Ceci 5 vs 5, Goals against average per 60 of 2.27 is a full .5 lower than the next Leafs Dman (Holl). Before the Florida game (which I admit was a mediocre game for Ceci), Ceci was playing terrific defence; his shown terrific defensive awareness all season long and I cant count how many times he bailed his pinching D partner by getting back and negating what could have been a breakaway or at least a dangerous shooting chance by completely smothering the streaking, forward. Ceci's ability to quickly close in on the puck carrier and not allow him much breathing room is IMO the most impressive among all the Dmen on these team.

His lack of offensive production and his lack of ability to move the puck are fair criticism, he needs to be paired with a good PMD like Rielly or Sandin to be truly effective, his a limited Dman and his cap is ~1.2-1.5 higher than ideal but for the role he was ask to do, I dont think his been bad. Now that Ceci is gone, people here are starting to turn on Holl and Dermott as if what they are seeing is a new occurance for these guys, when in reality, they've been playing the same way they have been for weeks, everyone here was just convince that Ceci is the reason for at least half of the Leafs defensive problems which is why these things got ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zybalto

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
We are $114,000,000 estimated expenditures right now lol
Capfriendly has our projected hit at 95,011,999 with our ltir use at 13.5 today . You gotta know the league us going to close this loophole somehow in the next CBA , we're approaching having 2 teams worth of players , half hurt the first 42 games then half out the last 42 then an aggregate of both worth well over the cap in the playoffs where there is no cap .

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Capfriendly has our projected hit at 95,011,999 with our ltir use at 13.5 today . You gotta know the league us going to close this loophole somehow in the next CBA , we're approaching having 2 teams worth of players , half hurt the first 42 games then half out the last 42 then an aggregate of both worth well over the cap in the playoffs where there is no cap .

Did you see that line quite a way down where it says “estimated expenditures “? Lol it say what you quoted me there.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
This is horrible news. This guy is getting bundled with Hutchinson for the florida game which is unfair.

We lost Hainzey and Z this season. Now we don't have Ceci on the back end.

Blocking shots is a thing. Without guys like Hainsey, Z and Ceci in the lineup the pucks will get through more often than usual.

Ceci just sucks when the puck actually does get through. But that's a story for another day.

Just keep in mind how mediocre on paper our D was last season or the season before yet our goal differential always so high and we're still in the upper half of the league in goals against. Players like Ceci are boring and make you fall asleep but they're necessary.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the Skipper brave and sure,
five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour,
a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
the Minnow would be lost.
(The Minnow would be lost.)

The ship's aground on the shore of this
uncharted desert isle
with Robidas,
the Clarkson too.
That Horton man, and his $$$,
that Lupul guy.....
Cody Ceci the de-fense man,
here on Robidas Isle.

I was thinking more along the lines of lonely islands "Im on a boat"

Ceci in his flippy floppys

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
When Ceci was in Ottawa the word was GMPD was always the one to pull back on any trades or deals due his relationship w/ Ceci and his family. Most believe he probably should have been traded or spent some time in the press box when he played for the Sens.
Having not really seen him play much with the Leafs has there been any improvements in his game or not? What do you see happening with him next year?

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Did you see that line quite a way down where it says “estimated expenditures “? Lol it say what you quoted me there.[/QUOTE ]
Yeah we're screwing the emergency clause all to heck , may as well go buy everybody's top free agents and put half the team on LTIR until the playoffs , see if we cant double the cap . lol

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
This injury complicates any trade for a Dman. They can longer ship his money out (well they can but its very rare that an injured player with an expiring contract gets dealt because no one wants him).

I would of thought Kapanen+Ceci for Larsson+Gagner would of been fair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad