Confirmed with Link: Cody Almond [1yr @ 550k per, one-way]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This is a prove it deal if there ever was one.

4th line shouldn't be all that hard to prove. Worst case he's the 13th forward or starts the year in Iowa and is first call up when a center goes down and everyone moves up.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is a prove it deal if there ever was one.

4th line shouldn't be all that hard to prove. Worst case he's the 13th forward or starts the year in Iowa and is first call up when a center goes down and everyone moves up.

If he doesn't make the team out of camp, he's heading back to reap the rewards of his big contract in the Swiss league. It's the Wild or nothing, no Iowa involved for him.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
If he doesn't make the team out of camp, he's heading back to reap the rewards of his big contract in the Swiss league. It's the Wild or nothing, no Iowa involved for him.

I don't see how Almond could have contracts with two different teams to play during the same season and both be valid. How would that work exactly? His Swiss team's (Geneve-Servette) last pre-season game is 8-29-14 (they haven't posted their regular season schedule as far as I can tell) so I'll assume their first regular season game is in early September or several weeks before the Oct 2nd start date for the NHL. If Almond doesn't make the Wild roster out of camp would he just fly back to Geneva and pick-up his 5 year contract even after missing several weeks of their regular season?

Seems more likely he got a release from Geneve-Servette before he signed with the Wild.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't see how Almond could have contracts with two different teams to play during the same season and both be valid. How would that work exactly? His Swiss team's (Geneve-Servette) last pre-season game is 8-29-14 (they haven't posted their regular season schedule as far as I can tell) so I'll assume their first regular season game is in early September or several weeks before the Oct 2nd start date for the NHL. If Almond doesn't make the Wild roster out of camp would he just fly back to Geneva and pick-up his 5 year contract even after missing several weeks of their regular season?

Seems more likely he got a release from Geneve-Servette before he signed with the Wild.

More likely his contract in the swiss league that he just signed has an NHL clause. Players go back to Europe all the time, this is not a unique situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad