News Article: Coach's Corner - Jet talk

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Don needs more time, like do we really need to get back to Kypreos,George, PJ Stock, Damien Cox or whomever else is the talking head in the studios for HNIC

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Don needs more time, like do we really need to get back to Kypreos,George, PJ Stock, Damien Cox or whomever else is the talking head in the studios for HNIC

I don't mind the new guys. I think they put too much into dopey graphics and that simu-arena. But they need more Don. He used to get thrown into the late game. They should bring that back.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
if you Don Cherry fans can kindly transcribe whatever the hell we was trying to say about the Gunk, it would be greatly appreciated.
not sure what you're hearing, but that isn't English.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I don't mind the new guys. I think they put too much into dopey graphics and that simu-arena. But they need more Don. He used to get thrown into the late game. They should bring that back.

Yeah to be fair the ones I don't really like are Damien Cox and PJ Stock but they aren't typically in the intermissions though, anyway yeah bring back Don in the second game and then he can get everything in he wants. I find I agree with Don some of the time and sometimes I don't but always like hearing his views on things regardless.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
if you Don Cherry fans can kindly transcribe whatever the hell we was trying to say about the Gunk, it would be greatly appreciated.
not sure what you're hearing, but that isn't English.

The Gunk you know...the GUNK!!!!

I take it is some kind of rash caused by Hockey equipment mixed with sweat and stuff

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I rather like Cherry. I don't agree with him on everything he says. Not even close. But he's like an old, slightly xenophobic grandpa who is stuck in an old way of thinking. I think he's fun.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Glad to see someone giving some love to the Jets. Seems like everyone on TSN is constantly saying that they expect the Jets to fall out of a playoff spot.

Don is always entertaining.

Derfel*

I suggested to Rogers that they give Cherry 5 minutes of broadcast, but then give him 15 extra minutes "online" for mobile devices to keep watching. Like you have your tablet handy and after the first 5 it just transitions to mobile viewing. They did respond and I'm in conversation with them now. Thoughts?

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I suggested to Rogers that they give Cherry 5 minutes of broadcast, but then give him 15 extra minutes "online" for mobile devices to keep watching. Like you have your tablet handy and after the first 5 it just transitions to mobile viewing. They did respond and I'm in conversation with them now. Thoughts?

That's a great idea. I think they might go for it considering they are really pushing their mobile NHL streaming app thing.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
I rather like Cherry. I don't agree with him on everything he says. Not even close. But he's like an old, slightly xenophobic grandpa who is stuck in an old way of thinking. I think he's fun.

Exactly what I was thinking. Which is why it is a shame that Rogers is so strict with his on-air time. In any other setting you would let him share his stories from start to finish, even the ones you've heard a hundred times.

#freecherry

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011

I like it.

Derfel*

That's a great idea. I think they might go for it considering they are really pushing their mobile NHL streaming app thing.

It's not like I would be developing the app or anything, but for whatever reason they pushed my email up the chain. Ad revenue is the best reason, of course.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
the knowledge that Don Cherry has a driver's license and drives a car scares me.

Grandpa's so out of it.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

More like your drunk uncle dancing at a family wedding. You don't want to watch him but you just can't look away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad