Coach Discussion: Coaching Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I bet Scheifele flourishes under new coaching.
Hell the whole team will.

I’ve been wondering this myself lately. Everything during the first several years of his career pointed to a high character guy who worked his butt off.
Did he actually change or has he just given up on the Jets ever winning under Maurice.
The only way we’ll probably ever know is by his play under a new coach.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
26 is on record saying he would never play for any coach but Maurice. I'm sure someone can look it up. Have to wonder how many other Jets feel the same way.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ah so the injury excuse being used now. That doesn't prevent a player from actually working hard on the ice both ways.

Also Moe you look even more stupid playing an injured player 25 minutes a night.

This guy juat can't stop making dumb excuses and no one is buying them any longer.

Lmao on trying to justify playing Ehlers only 17 minutes a night due to trying to optimize his play and then go ahead and play a gassed 36 year old 20 plus minutes a night...
Maurice plays injured players 25+ min a net and says they’re hurt and that’s why they don’t perform, but then he’ll move down someone like Ehlers with his reasoning being he’s trying to get more out of them. How about trying to get more out of Scheifele?

Reactions: Ducky10 and surixon

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Why Wheeler doesn’t want to play for anyone but Paul Maurice - Sportsnet.ca

35ish seconds of this clip (after the game 6 loss to the Blues)

“I’d go through a brick wall for the guy, I don’t wanna play for anyone else, that’s where I stand.”

Which is very different then saying “he would never play for any other coach”, which the poster claimed. Very different statements. One is a comment out of respect and the other is insubordination. Completely different. Of course he will play for a new coach, suggesting otherwise is silly

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Which is very different then saying “he would never play for any other coach”, which the poster claimed. Very different statements. One is a comment out of respect and the other is insubordination. Completely different
The poster misquoted him but I’d argue the meaning of each of them is Wheeler is infatuated with the coach and doesn’t want anyone else to come in. It’s hyperbolic to claim he wouldn’t never play for someone else but I don’t think Wheeler’s statement is as radically different as you think it is IMO

Reactions: Orrrules

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I’ve been wondering this myself lately. Everything during the first several years of his career pointed to a high character guy who worked his butt off.
Did he actually change or has he just given up on the Jets ever winning under Maurice.
The only way we’ll probably ever know is by his play under a new coach.

I think he's just become complacent in the current situation and as Murat put might not be getting the proper instruction/guidance to plug the holes in his game. After all Moe doesn't coach certain players and has let Mark develop bad habits for years now.

I'm sure Mark like most wants to succeed and win. He really has only know Maurice as an NHL coach and I think someone new who's willing to engage with Mark and pushes him to get better will have a positive impact on him.

Reactions: snowkiddin

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Which is very different then saying “he would never play for any other coach”, which the poster claimed. Very different statements. One is a comment out of respect and the other is insubordination. Completely different. Of course he will play for a new coach, suggesting otherwise is silly

Well if Blake doesnt want to play he can retire or sit out, and then we can terminate his deal. Something tells me that even if he doesn't want to play for another coach he will suck it up for the remaining millions on his deal.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
The poster misquoted him but I’d argue the meaning of each of them is Wheeler is infatuated with the coach and doesn’t want anyone else to come in. It’s hyperbolic to claim he wouldn’t never play for someone else but I don’t think Wheeler’s statement is as radically different as you think it is IMO

One is a statement & support for his coach & leader. The other is insubordination & illegal/breach of the CBA due to being under contract unless your suggesting he retires with a coaching change and gives up on 15 million in real cash. Guys don’t make me delete blatantly hybridization silly claims bc their so unrealistic.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Well if Blake doesnt want to play he can retire or sit out, and then we can terminate his deal. Something tells me that even if he doesn't want to play for another coach he will suck it up for the remaining millions on his deal.

Of course he would suck it up and play…..he isn’t retiring when he’s owed 15 million cash……some claims here are just over the top

Reactions: surixon

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
One is a statement & support for his coach & leader. The other is insubordination & illegal/breach of the CBA due to being under contract unless your suggesting he retires with a coaching change and gives up on 15 million in real cash. Guys don’t make me delete blatantly hybridization silly claims bc their so unrealistic.
I’m not suggesting anything. You’d have to clarify with the original poster, my interpretation was that he was referring to the quotation I provided, it happened a couple of years ago, probably didn’t have the minutia of the statement memorized.

I think it’s asinine to suggest Wheeler will retire/sit out if Maurice gets canned so I agree with you there, however, I think the poster was referring to this statement about not wanna to play for anyone else. Still a dumb thing to say IMO but certainly not as radical as retiring if Moe goes.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Right, which is different then what you posted. Wheeler is stating his support for his leader, your comment did t say that, you made sound like insubordination. Wheeler will of course play for a new coach, he has multi small kids at home and is owed 15 million in cash over the next two years. If PMO was fired sure he would be mad, sounds like many of the players who support PMO would be at least annoyed but every single one would play for a new coach and legally they have to barring retirement according to the CBA.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Then TNSE saves 15 million bucks and gets rid of Maurice? It's a win win. Last I checked Wheeler don't make the decision who the Coach is so his opinion is irrelevant.

Doesn't matter what he Said. If he's a man of his word hopefully he decides to pull a buff then If Maurice is fired but he won't or wouldn't or won't because money

Get rid of Maurice and Wheeler and his cap hit retires cuz he's upset Paul Is gone so upset that he's like screw that 15 million dollars... yeah.... seems likely.

One could only hope really since 26 ain't gonna be worth his cap hit so... best case scenario truly... Paul is fired. Blake retires.

Reactions: Orrrules

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

You say one statement is hyperbolic and say Wheeler is infatuated with Maurice in the same paragraph :laugh:. I agree with Hunter, the statements aren't the same.

People make it seem like Wheeler and Scheifele would rather retire than see Maurice fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese