Coaching Change making an impact?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It is the makeup of the roster. No coaching change would have steered this ship in the right direction. I just hope after the season management realizes this and works harder to do something about it.

Totally agreed. I just hope that "something" isn't some crazy BM trade. I don't like his trades.

Step one for me would be to get rid of as much deadwood as possible. I.e. Neil, Greening, Legwand, Phillips, etc.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think it's fair to say that coaches have to adapt to reasonable expectations of where the team is in it's development. Saying that coaches that win are doing it right is all well and good, but what they are doing may not be right for another team. We need player development right now, not to scrape every possible point and get the guys ready for the war of attrition that is the playoffs.

All that isn't to say Cameron is doing it right, or wrong, by laughing with the players on the bench, just that what works in LA or Chicago is not necessarily what's best here with our team.

Exactly

You don't treat a contending team the same way you treat a bottom feeder that is disappointing which is what we are right now.

It's another tough year and it's going to be important to keep the spirits high, telling our players how bad they are will not make them play better considering how young the team is and how little skill we have.

There will be a time for a hardass coach for the Senators, we had one in Martin even. That time is not now but I do hope it isn't that far off either.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
The comments about the owner giving up are not what i wanted to hear. I get that the Sens are a salary basement team but have continued to ice a competitive team with the promise of adding at the deadline if they are in the hunt.

I was cheering for the Oilers...a team where they spend to the cap and come in last place. The owner is absent, likely doesn't watch hockey at all and lets Lowe and MacT run the team with autonomy.

Sens have always been my second team with me living in Ontario, but the Oilers are a lost cause now.

Go Sens Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad