Coaches polled on Norris Trophy (McDonagh in the mix)

518NYRfan

Jul 10, 2010
Just read on Twitter that it appears #27 will finish 4th in Norris trophy voting this year.

#1) Duncan Keith
#2) Zdeno Chara
#3) Shea Weber
#4) Ryan McDonagh
#5) Ryan Suter
#6) Alex Pietrangelo
#7) Drew Doughty
#8) Erik Karlsson

Pretty damned good company I'd say. Congrats RyMack!:yo:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Just read on Twitter that it appears #27 will finish 4th in Norris trophy voting this year.

#1) Duncan Keith
#2) Zdeno Chara
#3) Shea Weber
#4) Ryan McDonagh
#5) Ryan Suter
#6) Alex Pietrangelo
#7) Drew Doughty
#8) Erik Karlsson

Pretty damned good company I'd say. Congrats RyMack!:yo:

It's just Bob Mac random survey of 16 NHL head coaches. Given the thin margins between 4-8+ and the exclusivity of the club that the three front runner are in, 4th is going to be distant 4th regardless of who gets it.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Not exactly what Bobby Mac said

POOLDYh.jpg

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
It's just Bob Mac random survey of 16 NHL head coaches. Given the thin margins between 4-8+ and the exclusivity of the club that the three front runner are in, 4th is going to be distant 4th regardless of who gets it.

Never mind that the writers vote for the Norris and not coaches.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
But OEL and Doughty are offensive gamebreakers and McDonagh isn't :(.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
But OEL and Doughty are offensive gamebreakers and McDonagh isn't :(.

McDonagh has more points than Doughty, and only one point fewer than OEL.

McDonagh also has more even strength points than anyone on that list other than Keith, Karlsson, and Pietrangelo. This is a pretty big deal because McDonagh doesn't get as much PP time as some of the other guys on that list.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
There wasn't ever a snowball's chance in hell that Suter was coming here, even if the Rangers had gotten in on the bidding.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Chara, really?

There's no good reason he should be in the Norris voting this year, *******

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
#NYR Rangers announce that Ryan McDonagh is this year's recipient of both the team's MVP and Players' Player Award

tbonenc*

Chara in the top 5 is a joke. I have seen guys skate by him like he is standing still on countless occasions this year.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Chara in the top 5 is a joke. I have seen guys skate by him like he is standing still on countless occasions this year.

Agreed. He definitely hasn't been bad, but Norris worthy? Absolutely not.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
According to hockey media members who released their ballots early, McDonagh is nowhere near the Norris radar. In fact, he's expected to finish outside the top 10, behind Mark Giordano and Marc-Edouard Vlasic

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1648701

I don't understand :help:

Ehh don't worry about it, it's a popularity contest for the most part. There are the consensus guy who everyone bandwagons to the victory (Keith, Chara, etc) and then you have local homer votes for whatever defenseman is the best on the team they cover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad