Coaches on the Hotseat - NFL & NCAA - Sonny Dykes fired

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Am I just absolutely off the rocker thinking that Marrone should be a potential candidate for a lot of these jobs? I thought he got the shaft in Buffalo and now with the Jags he sure turned them around in a hurry last week.

Marrone quit on Bills ,, Not other way around

Remember how pissed players were when he quit. To me that is a bit of a negative on Marrone that will carry with him for a while as perception from a lot of people

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If Lions lose to Packers and Skins knock them out of playoff spot

Would that be enough to end Caldwell era?

No? There would be 0 need for a knee jerk reaction. Turning them around mid season last year helped his case as did this year, and yea if they lose it wont look good but they are also dependant on another team losing which is out of their control.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If it were up to BWC every coach that doesn't win the Super Bowl gets fired, I think. Caldwell somehow has them in the playoffs without a running game or defense (they've got players, but they've been hurt most of the year) and only mediocre offensive weapons for Stafford. I don't think he's that great of a coach, and they have won a lot of "coin flip" games, but you can't argue with results.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Gary Kubiak threw out some super non-committed vibes today discussing his return to the Broncos next season. I think he's wearing the stress every single day with this team. Got mad respect for Kubes - he needs to let go if it's better for his health long term.

http://bsndenver.com/gary-kubiak-noncommittal-on-future-with-broncos/

Kyle Shanahan would probably be target #1. Mike still lives about 10 minutes away from my house.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Gary Kubiak threw out some super non-committed vibes today discussing his return to the Broncos next season. I think he's wearing the stress every single day with this team. Got mad respect for Kubes - he needs to let go if it's better for his health long term.

Kyle Shanahan would probably be target #1. Mike still lives about 10 minutes away from my house.

Won a couple rings, made his money. Get out with your health intact and you can always give coaching another go when your healthy.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Bill Cowher lives 10 minutes from my parents' house. I took my uber Steeler fan friend by there once at like 11PM at night right around the time that Carolina axed Fox and he was rumored to be in the running for the job. If I remember correctly there was a yellow Hummer in the driveway. It was weird.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Mike lives 10 minutes from the rest of his house.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only way Caldwell gets fired is if they think they're going to lose Jim Bob Cooter and really don't want to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad