Coachella Firebirds: News and Discussion

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Hi, I was just wondering about the status of Samuel Bucek. I have seen conflicting reports about his contract...AHL deal with Coachella Valley or entry-level contract with the Kraken. Can anyone give me any details on this?

Thank you in advance!

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Hi, I was just wondering about the status of Samuel Bucek. I have seen conflicting reports about his contract...AHL deal with Coachella Valley or entry-level contract with the Kraken. Can anyone give me any details on this?

Thank you in advance!

AHL contract with Coachella. He was announced as THEIR first player.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
So the brand new AHL team without having played a single game... has a mascot and the big club still doesn't? It's a sweet looking mascot though.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
So the brand new AHL team without having played a single game... has a mascot and the big club still doesn't? It's a sweet looking mascot though.

Cause they get to the point by not trying to make it some grand reveal on some stupid idea like the NHL team tried to do and having it backfire.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
its actually Spanish for fire
Google says it means "sexy"... (True story)

Please do not respond to that comment. It was a joke. As was my previous comment, which was directed to @The Marquis based off of a conversation in a previous thread. Everybody knows what Fuego means.

@RainyCityHockey had a great reply, but had to post a sarcasm disclaimer - but honestly, he should not have had to.

Don't fret though, the DARPA sarcasm detector is coming to an app store near you soon! (Also a true story) :nod:

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
*sign* maybe I should just put that gif as my signature...

Or, better yet... as a moderator, could you talk to the dev team and suggest that we have the option to quick-key-link the period key to the :sarcasm: emoji? Having that option would be tremendously time-saving for me! :D

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Interesting. So much weirdness surrounding his status. First rumored to be signing with Seattle, then became the first Coachella player only to not be.

Keyal

May 18, 2016
Belza, Slovakia
Also - some Slovak journalists already knew about Nizhnekamsk during World Championship and were surprised by Seattle/Firebirds news .

Keyal

May 18, 2016
Belza, Slovakia
Some other Samuel Bucek shows up for Firebirds training camp.
I mean they were telling each other that he’s going to play for Nizhnekamsk and then Seattle/Firebirds happened. He was definitely there for Development Camp. A guy from Kraken Fancast replied to me that Buček messaged him about doing an interview and he never heard back, "..he wanted to do an interview in English so Slovak press didn’t twist it…"

Maybe he was dreadful during development camp? Dunno, it’s really weird.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Interesting. So much weirdness surrounding his status. First rumored to be signing with Seattle, then became the first Coachella player only to not be.
I was very surprised when the news about him signing an AHL contract came up. From his perspective, signing anything but an ELC with an NHL team would not make sense. Why sign an AHL only contract when there is so much more money to be made in the other leagues? It would be like signing a PTO to showcase his talents in the AHL and maybe getting signed by the Kraken (or another NHL team). Too high of a risk to take.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I was very surprised when the news about him signing an AHL contract came up. From his perspective, signing anything but an ELC with an NHL team would not make sense. Why sign an AHL only contract when there is so much more money to be made in the other leagues? It would be like signing a PTO to showcase his talents in the AHL and maybe getting signed by the Kraken (or another NHL team). Too high of a risk to take.

I actually never saw anything serious about him signing and AHL contract. :dunno:
Only read that Francis supposedly talked about it, when asked, but nothing official.

Though, I think going to the KHL should be a very good move for him financially.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I actually never saw anything serious about him signing and AHL contract. :dunno:
Only read that Francis supposedly talked about it, when asked, but nothing official.

Though, I think going to the KHL should be a very good move for him financially.

The firebirds announced him on Twitter as their first ever signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad