Coach T's I will walk.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
TSN has become pretty transparent in it's stupidity.

They posted a 30 second video up about Tort's saying he will walk if cell phones go off in the news conference...looks like they are trying to drum up some controversy.

Pathetic.

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
Don't blame him. People are so friggin' rude with their cell phones. Just turn it off for a few minutes, already.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
This is how the media works, they are like a pack of hyenas, they'll attack anything that goes against their status quo of being rude hacks who don't care about facts or anyone else. They feel like they are so high and mighty and so important that they come first.

Have your freaking phone on silent when the coach of a professional team is addressing you and being kind enough to answer your stupid questions. It's not about you!

Don't interrupt the man, don't insult him and he will respect you back, he answered all the questions very well.

The whole reason the media hates torts is because he's one of the very few who hold them accountable, they hate that and have to fight against anyone who does.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
It was the Vancouver media themselves that first made a big deal of this online. Then it spread.

This is news? Jesus Christ. Is there no intelligence left in reporting?

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
He's sharing his time with the media, I'm sure they'd love it if he had his cell phone go off when they were trying to ask him questions. "sorry guys, gotta take this call".

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
It's Mark Masters who tweeted about it, I don't twitter but feel free to let him know what you think if you do.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
the next call that goes off you just know for a fact that it will be one media guy in the presser calling another in the same hoping to see the effect it will have...

And knowing how dickish botch.. err.. our media can be, they'll wait for a ridiculous loss or 2-3 gm losing streak to do so..

Or EVERY nationwide media colleague will be calling the Vancouver beat writers right when they know he's doing presser hoping for a ring and a story...
Gallagher "What the hell is Duthie calling ME fo... oh.. Ass."

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Our media gives Vancouver fans a worse rap than we deserve. I'm sure Torts would be nothing but pleasant and cordial to any fans who approach him.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I don't know why, but my first thought when I saw this thread was that someone had made an autotune Torts song about turning off cellphones.

I was disappoint :(

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah, Torts wasn't even that mad, it's really a non-story. It's actually a really good policy. If you are at something important it should take priority, not your cell phone. It bugs me because most of the time the call/text isn't important, and people make it more important by answering.

dc

May 11, 2010
Monterrey, Mexico
It's pathetic that Tortorella is the one being singled out in that clip. The unprofessional member of the media, who didn't take 5 seconds to put their phone on vibrate, is the only person at fault in that clip. Of course you'll never see their face or hear their name.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Now you just plant a cellphones to go off to see to create a story for next time.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
WHAAAaaaaaT? Torts wants civility from reporters????

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE rabble rabble rabble

Betamax*

Don't blame him. People are so friggin' rude with their cell phones. Just turn it off for a few minutes, already.

get used to it, anything torts does ppl will make a big deal out of it

I think it's just a sign of things to come from Torts. If little things like questions like the role of twitter or a cell phone ringing while he's in a press scrum elicits a reaction, it seems to me that it's only a matter of time before we see the 'real' Torts on display.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
yeah, we're going to be seeing this a lot. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, either. The media will making narratives no matter what, and I prefer to have the focus be on the coach instead of a player who might be reading too many press clippings.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
It was the Vancouver media themselves that first made a big deal of this online. Then it spread.

This is news? Jesus Christ. Is there no intelligence left in reporting?

You're interviewing John Tortorella, do you not have the decency to turn off your phone for 5 minutes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad