Coach suspended for slur to official

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Should be suspended from non-game day practices too. A suspension is a suspension.

It's the 21st century - these guys should have crawled out from under their bridges by now and seen how people live in the real world.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Couldn't have happened to a better team.
Why do you say that?

Should be suspended from non-game day practices too. A suspension is a suspension.

It's the 21st century - these guys should have crawled out from under their bridges by now and seen how people live in the real world.
I agree...I understand heat of the moment stuff but there are still some things that go so far over the line that they can't be excused...this is one of them. Quite frankly i wouldn't upset or surprised if he were fired.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Why do you say that?

I agree...I understand heat of the moment stuff but there are still some things that go so far over the line that they can't be excused...this is one of them. Quite frankly i wouldn't upset or surprised if he were fired.
No chance he gets fired

Wolves all time leading points for a D-man, teammate and friend of GM and I'm sure there has to be a connection with the Owner

Does anyone know what he actually said ?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

Claims he didn't

As a Wolves season ticket holder for decades i received this in an email...obviously this isn't the last we've heard on this and it'll be interesting to see where this goes and what kind of proof there is as to what was said one way or the other

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
No chance he gets fired

Wolves all time leading points for a D-man, teammate and friend of GM and I'm sure there has to be a connection with the Owner

Does anyone know what he actually said ?
This unfortunately is likely correct.

The guy is not a good person or coach actually, I've told him as much directly.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
This unfortunately is likely correct.

The guy is not a good person or coach actually, I've told him as much directly.
So you've walked up to him and told him to his face that he's not a good person and not a good coach? Or did you yell it from the stands? The first one shows guts etc...the second one...yeah you know...

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
So you've walked up to him and told him to his face that he's not a good person and not a good coach? Or did you yell it from the stands? The first one shows guts etc...the second one...yeah you know...
It was face to face after a minor hockey game.

btw I don't think it took a lot of guts. What's he gonna do, take a swing at me? I wasn't worried if he did.

Last edited:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
It was face to face after a minor hockey game.

btw I don't think it took a lot of guts. What's he gonna do, take a swing at me? I wasn't worried if he did.
At a MINOR hockey game...as in a Chicago Wolves game? Or some kids game that he was at? Or was it in some town besides Chicago? So many questions...

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Didn't know he had time to moonlight as a midget coach. Would think that he has plenty to do with the Wolves during the season to not have to go out seeking more to do.
Last reply, seems to be you're trolling but w/e, You think it might have been years ago? Maybe?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Last reply, seems to be you're trolling but w/e, You think it might have been years ago? Maybe?
No trolling at all...legitimate question/statement. if it were years ago as you now imply...i really don't see what it has to do with the current topic at hand. his ability or your opinion lack of to coach little kids isn't a barometer to his ability to coach professional players as we all know little kids have the attention span of a knat. Almost sounds like a disgruntled parent who's kid wasn't any good and wanted to blame the coach for his kids shortcomings because my kids the next Gretz so it has to be the coach.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
.i really don't see what it has to do with the current topic at hand. his ability or your opinion lack of to coach little kids isn't a barometer to his ability to coach professional players as we all know little kids have the attention span of a knat.
First off, Midgets are not little kids, they are often a step away from Juniors.

Second, if you think a man in his late 30's at the time is going to change his stripes, well good luck to you.

Do you know the man or are you just one of the balcony crazies in Rosemont?

(btw, he was the opposing coach)

Last edited:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
First off, Midgets are not little kids, they are often a step away from Juniors.

Second, if you think a man in his late 30's at the time is going to change his stripes, well good luck to you.

Do you know the man or are you just one of the balcony crazies in Rosemont?

(btw, he was the opposing coach)
There are just so many things wrong here...Having a hard time following what is happening...best as I can see you are using something that you allege happened close to 20 years ago as some sort of validation of something that allegedly happened a few days ago. And further try to validate it by telling everybody on here about how you straightened him out and told him just what a lousy coach he was...and yet according to this post you didn't have a dog in the fight because you said he was the opposing coach. So right away this BEGS the question...What did you care? Were you the coach he was coaching against? Was your kid on the team playing his? And even if the answer is yes to either....again What did you care? Pretty much his coaching ability was really none of your business. And again really has not 1 thing to do with the topic at hand....all you bringing any of this up does is reak of someone looking to be important and validate some ancient grievance you think you had.
What is a balcony crazy in rosemont...not familiar with that term.
As far as any relationship with him...No I don't know him personally...does he know me...yes...are we friends....no can't say that we are...but again don't see the relevance with regards to your attention seeking claim of how you told him off almost 20 years ago and how that has anything to do with anything

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
There are just so many things wrong here...Having a hard time following what is happening...best as I can see you are using something that you allege happened close to 20 years ago as some sort of validation of something that allegedly happened a few days ago. And further try to validate it by telling everybody on here about how you straightened him out and told him just what a lousy coach he was...and yet according to this post you didn't have a dog in the fight because you said he was the opposing coach. So right away this BEGS the question...What did you care? Were you the coach he was coaching against? Was your kid on the team playing his? And even if the answer is yes to either....again What did you care? Pretty much his coaching ability was really none of your business. And again really has not 1 thing to do with the topic at hand....all you bringing any of this up does is reak of someone looking to be important and validate some ancient grievance you think you had.
What is a balcony crazy in rosemont...not familiar with that term.
As far as any relationship with him...No I don't know him personally...does he know me...yes...are we friends....no can't say that we are...but again don't see the relevance with regards to your attention seeking claim of how you told him off almost 20 years ago and how that has anything to do with anything
after some internet research ....
He hass 2 sons.
1st - 1996 born currently playing in Sweden
2nd - a 1999 born currently playing in East Coast league

He was coaching midgets from 2013- 2016 for Chicago Mission

So to say you confronted him 20 years ago is utter Bull Crap

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
He hass 2 sons.

He didn't start coaching in 2013. Maybe that was when he was at Mission, but trust me he was coaching before that.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Here you go Mickey Mouse

“My path was paved by the structure of Illinois hockey, AHAUS, as it was called,” before being renamed AHAI, Nardella said. “I started playing house league, then A, AA and AAA, juniors, and eventually college and pros. I had almost the same path in coaching, having started coaching house league hockey in Franklin Park, then to Glenview, Team Illinois and the Chicago Mission.”

Just know when to turtle. Sayonara

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
He hass 2 sons.

Not sure why you quoted my post on this but I get it.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Here you go Mickey Mouse

“My path was paved by the structure of Illinois hockey, AHAUS, as it was called,” before being renamed AHAI, Nardella said. “I started playing house league, then A, AA and AAA, juniors, and eventually college and pros. I had almost the same path in coaching, having started coaching house league hockey in Franklin Park, then to Glenview, Team Illinois and the Chicago Mission.”

Just know when to turtle. Sayonara
Only Coached midgets at Chicago Mission

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad