Speculation: Coach Search 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Who do you want?

A college coach such as Jim Montgomery or David Quinn?

Someone from the Babcock coaching tree, a la Paul MacLean, D.J. Smith, or Sheldon Keefe?

A guy who's had AHL success, such as Travis Green?

Darryl Sutter?

Someone else? Discuss.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I want a GM first. No tandem hires. No coach with extensive power. Get me a GM to lead a real search and pick his own guy.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
People want Quinn gone because of about to be two first round exits. I guess I don't understand it, especially with the injuries they've had. I'd be curious to hear more thoughts on him.

Want no part of Sutter though.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Whoever becomes the GM, please look at Sheldon Keefe extensively.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I want a GM first. No tandem hires. No coach with extensive power. Get me a GM to lead a real search and pick his own guy.

I think we need a layer between Pegula and a roster building GM. We need a grizzled president of hockey operations type.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I think we need a layer between Pegula and a roster building GM. We need a grizzled president of hockey operations type.

Even better.

It is zero coincidence that things straightened out when good hockey minds were brought in to Toronto. I'd be okay with a similar model. But there's no Lou on the market.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I want some old blood in here oozing NHL success. Respect.

I don't want to try and find the next great coach. Do what other cup winners do.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I want a coach who plays progressive up tempo attacking hockey that takes advantage of the talent we have. Is that too much to ask?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
No it is not.

But you'd also think it was an easy ask of Bylsma to flex a little and change everything some of his ways to fit his roster, and he wouldn't or couldn't. Or both.

Meaning, we should absolutely be careful with some of these redo's set in their ways.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
But you'd also think it was an easy ask of Bylsma to flex a little and change everything some of his ways to fit his roster, and he wouldn't or couldn't. Or both.

Meaning, we should absolutely be careful with some of these redo's set in their ways.
If John Tortorella can have a come to Jesus moment in Columbus this season than I guess anything is possible.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I'm so so so tired of giving a **** about this. I wasn't ready for this. It feels like rebuilding all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad