Confirmed with Link: Coach Hartsburg Retires (will still scout for CBJ)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yes, because firing him wasn't an option. We can't take things on face value, we have to look for controversy.
Of course there's controversy. After all, the team sucks right now. Therefore, everything sucks and there's always something bad going on. It's SCIENCE.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I would agree with the above. Luc loved his time in columbus, and with him leaving the head job in Ahl, I wouldnt be suprised if its not announced in the next couple days.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Luke Richardson just left the Binghamton job after been passed over for a Sens interview. I can see him possibly being a candidate with us.

Granted, I don't know Luke's coaching style or ways, but I think Torts will want one of his guys. Not sure he's in that mold.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
But is that fair to Bednar? It would seem a natural progression:

AHL head coach --------> NHL assistant coach ---------> NHL head coach.

I can see maybe now is not his time, but should he continue to be successful, some NHL team will eventually give him a look.

It's certainly a natural progression, but it's clear there's a need for an assistant to work with defensemen.

I just did research and discovered that Bednar was a defenseman, so I retract my previous statement. Bednar could make sense.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Granted, I don't know Luke's coaching style or ways, but I think Torts will want one of his guys. Not sure he's in that mold.

Agree with Torts likely wanting one of his guys. If I were him, I would want someone who has my trust and would lean that way in my hire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad