Speculation: Coach Green’s next contract

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
What are you expecting Exactly?

Travis Green has improved with every season he has coaches, and Out-coaches the Blues in the playoffs.
He absolutely deserves a few more years, Canucks are coming off a massively successful Season.
Not to mention, the Players seem to respect him from reports, and around the league people like him.

He makes mistakes, as do all Coaches, but the guy lets our star players be creative, unlike people like Hitchcock or Tippett who kill creativity.

We should be thankful

Didn't "out-coach" the Blues. Blues played poorly.
I mean yeah sure he deserves a few more years if we're looking toward mediocrity.
From reports. lol.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Didn't "out-coach" the Blues. Blues played poorly.
I mean yeah sure he deserves a few more years if we're looking toward mediocrity.
From reports. lol.
Take a look at what he did and game 5, That was his most coaching statement I have ever seen from him

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Green is whatever. Not the biggest fan but I don’t think he will hold the team back as currently constructed

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How is Green feeling about his future with the Canucks right now knowing there’s no Marky in nets? He’s got to know his chances of actually winning more than losing is in big trouble. Imo he’s not getting through this season.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Green's future is in question without an extension. Benning wants him to play the young guys but Green is going to do whatever he has to win games. I suppose if he doesn't have other options he'll have to play the young guys, but you would think if he was more secure in his position he would be open to taking some chances.

Kind of counterproductive.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Green's future is in question without an extension. Benning wants him to play the young guys but Green is going to do whatever he has to win games. I suppose if he doesn't have other options he'll have to play the young guys, but you would think if he was more secure in his position he would be open to taking some chances.

Kind of counterproductive.

This is a guy that at the start of his first NHL season as HC (where he shouldn't be worrying about job security) decided to bench Boeser though.

I think we've seen Green enough to know that he likes to play guys he trusts and often they aren't young players. This of course applies to most coaches.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As soon as the Canucks break training camp and get right into the regular season, Green officially becomes a 'lame duck coach', without a contract for next season. I'm not buying the 'spin' from the House Radio Station that this is all 'COVID-related and something will get done'.

If the Canucks come out of chute slow and look like they might miss the playoffs--look out! Isn't Gerard Gallant still out there?

Reactions: canuckking1

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I bet good money he is the head coach of the Anaheim Ducks - in 2021/2022

makes sense on a lot of levels

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
and Trent Cull will be the Canucks coach in 2021/2022
worst possible outcome ever.. never promote within the organization. alain vignault, travis green, comes to mind recent. nolan baumgartner assistant they've been doing that forever. time to look elsewhere because there's tons of coaches avaliable.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad