CNN: Actresses allegedly paid syndicate to deceive college admissions.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
$15,000 for your kid to get a 1420?

I bet the parents of their Asian classmates don't even know SAT scores go that low.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Yes, but do you really think that justice will be done?

You have a lot of rich people with a lot of lawyers that will be looking for mistakes in the investigation to wriggle out of it, so yeah, a good chance little time is served.

But, it seems like a pretty thorough investigation, so it may happen. What I find interesting is that nine of the kids were charged as someone didn't eben know they benefited. But with the fraud often being someone else writing their exams for them, many had to know and must have been involved to some degree.

Given the coddling of these children, would the parents take a plea deal to ensure there kids stay out of it?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Whats funny is this is widespread & has been going on forever. They finally caught some people, the ones who ere dumb enough to leave evidence behind.

Should have gone with the ole' "let me donate $500,000 for that new library you wanted to build, so my son can *wink wink* study in it next year"

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You have a lot of rich people with a lot of lawyers that will be looking for mistakes in the investigation to wriggle out of it, so yeah, a good chance little time is served.

But, it seems like a pretty thorough investigation, so it may happen. What I find interesting is that nine of the kids were charged as someone didn't eben know they benefited. But with the fraud often being someone else writing their exams for them, many had to know and must have been involved to some degree.

Given the coddling of these children, would the parents take a plea deal to ensure there kids stay out of it?

Honestly...how could the kids not know? They're all suddenly getting athletic entrances for sports that they've never played, and that doesn't raise some alarm bells for them?

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I mean, it's fraud, racketeering and bribery. There has to be some type of repercussion for their actions.

The kids had to know. That's a tough one because obviously, their parents initiated this.
Doesn't matter if the parents initiated it or not. If it can be proven that the "kids" (they were adults when this happened) knew about it, then the appropriate actions should apply.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Doesn't matter if the parents initiated it or not. If it can be proven that the "kids" (they were adults when this happened) knew about it, then the appropriate actions should apply.

How could they not know about it? As pointed out in a previous post they were admitted for sports they didn't even actually play in.

This case is so fascinating - can't wait for the documentary.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
How could they not know about it? As pointed out in a previous post they were admitted for sports they didn't even actually play in.

This case is so fascinating - can't wait for the documentary.
I agree with you. I think they absolutely knew about it but I'm assuming in order for them to receive any legal action, some proof will have to be made.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I mean, it's fraud, racketeering and bribery. There has to be some type of repercussion for their actions.

The kids had to know. That's a tough one because obviously, their parents initiated this.

I think there was one specific case where there are records with the parent insisting to the ring leader to keep it from the student, so the narrative came out that "some kids didn't even know", but most of these situations would be hard to keep from them, even if they weren't the swiftest bunnies in the forest.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
According to a sketch artist, Loughlin and Huffman had two completely different demeanors in court. Loughlin had her arms crossed and appeared "arrogant" while Huffman had her head down and appeared "authentic and genuine." Also, if we didn't already know, William H. Macy is a really nice guy. She and her husband seem like good people who made a mistake and know it. She also paid "only" $15,000, so I hope that the court goes relatively easy on her, say, with community service and a fine. If the court is going to throw the book at one of the parents, it seems that it should be Loughlin, who paid $500,000 and is acting like she did nothing wrong.
[They were] very, very different,” Edwards told the news site about the two women during their days in court. “Totally different attitude, expression and the way that the body was held.”

Unlike Huffman, Loughlin had the luxury of negotiating her surrender and appeared in court with full hair and makeup done, along with a defiant look. While sitting, the “Fuller House” star had her arms crossed and they stayed that way the whole time.

Lori Loughlin appeared ‘arrogant’ in court while Felicity Huffman looked ‘more genuine,’ says sketch artist

Last edited:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If Lori Loughlin does jail time I will eat my sweaty skate sock. I just enjoy that the "elite" are cannibalizing themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00