CNN: Actresses allegedly paid syndicate to deceive college admissions.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
After getting her place, their youngest daughter, Olivia Jade, made matters worse by bragging online, saying she would rather be concentrating on her Instagram career. She is an influencer and has 1.3 million followers.

"I don't know how much of school I'm gonna attend but I'm gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and hope that I can try and balance it all," she said on her YouTube channel. "But I do want the experience of like game days, partying… I don't really care about school, as you guys all know."

I don't think Aunt Becky is going to do time, but getting in trouble with the law to pay 500k to get that kid into college is hilarious.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You have a lot of rich people with a lot of lawyers that will be looking for mistakes in the investigation to wriggle out of it, so yeah, a good chance little time is served.

But, it seems like a pretty thorough investigation, so it may happen. What I find interesting is that nine of the kids were charged as someone didn't eben know they benefited. But with the fraud often being someone else writing their exams for them, many had to know and must have been involved to some degree.

Given the coddling of these children, would the parents take a plea deal to ensure there kids stay out of it?
I’m sure some kids knew. Depends on each situation. Some kids had to pose for pictures doing a sport they never did before. Think any 17 year old would ask why?

How many kids actually wrote their own SATs? Those that are currently in school, will be interesting to see what happens to them. Do they get kicked out or will they be allowed to remain and finish their schooling. For those who are done school how will they be looked at by their coworkers and companies?

Parents wanted their kids to go to a name brand school. Rather than just simply letting their kids go to where they could actually earn their way in.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
After getting her place, their youngest daughter, Olivia Jade, made matters worse by bragging online, saying she would rather be concentrating on her Instagram career. She is an influencer and has 1.3 million followers.

"I don't know how much of school I'm gonna attend but I'm gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and hope that I can try and balance it all," she said on her YouTube channel. "But I do want the experience of like game days, partying… I don't really care about school, as you guys all know."

I don't think Aunt Becky is going to do time, but getting in trouble with the law to pay 500k to get that kid into college is hilarious.

Of course her mom had to bride people for her to get into college. What a dumb kid :laugh:

Reactions: glovesave_35

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Of course her mom had to bride people for her to get into college. What a dumb kid

AFAIK she didn't even have a strong interest in going to college, nor did she even need to for her career, as it were -- she was already doing pretty well with her online shit and it's her parents who really wanted her to go.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
AFAIK she didn't even have a strong interest in going to college, nor did she even need to for her career, as it were -- she was already doing pretty well with her online **** and it's her parents who really wanted her to go.

Post secondary education hasn't been about learning in a long time. For students it is about status and networking. For institutions its about making bank.

Reactions: Roman Fell

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If I was their kids, I would have said, "Mom... Put the money you were going to spend, getting me into Yale, into a trust and I'll go to a local inexpensive University."

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
big difference between making a nudge nudge, wink wink donation to a school and systematically bribing and cheating on testing to get your kid in

they were dumb enough to add the cheating element and have things documented
I don't think Loughlin cheated on the test. That was Huffman.

Still... I don't get it. So many other awful crimes and, like I said, I'm sure it has been done many times before.

Sep 19, 2008
people like she getting 40 years for this crime :laugh:

as if a rich white lady would get 40 years behind bars for collegiate scams

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
From articles I read, most are taking plea deals that will likely result in very short, if any, prison sentences. The ones facing heaviest charges have resisted any plea deals. If they do end up with a lengthy sentence, it will be because they gambled that they can beat the charges and lost.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
From articles I read, most are taking plea deals that will likely result in very short, if any, prison sentences. The ones facing heaviest charges have resisted any plea deals. If they do end up with a lengthy sentence, it will be because they gambled that they can beat the charges and lost.
Fair enough.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
the thing I have learned is how little people care about white collar criminal activity. For me this is serious because they took spots in uni from people who actually qualified for those positions but did not get it because someone mommy and daddy were richer. right now there are people, working dead end job because of these people. They should be made an example of but wont, why? Money talks and bull shit walks and the lawyers will get time suspended sentences

Reactions: Plante

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
the thing I have learned is how little people care about white collar criminal activity. For me this is serious because they took spots in uni from people who actually qualified for those positions but did not get it because someone mommy and daddy were richer. right now there are people, working dead end job because of these people. They should be made an example of but wont, why? Money talks and bull **** walks and the lawyers will get time suspended sentences

It's amazing that people will think nothing of these rich people ruining people's lives, but will get up in arms about a joint or some other victimless crime and scream bloody murder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad