Clutterbuck investigated for allegedly spitting on Daniel Sedin

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The video did not show it, I don't buy it.

Then again, it is clutterbuck, so I would not be surprised.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Haha. What a loser if true. Tavares should scratch him from the game.

The Sedins get no respect around this league.

I remember when I was in grade 5 on a soccer team and there was this one team that had a few girls on their team. In the handshake line, one of the girls decided to spit on her hand right before. Her coach found out right after the handshakes and suspended her for a few games. She was not impressed. :laugh:

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
Yeah the Sedins have no reason to lie here. Is that why Kassian tried to grab him when he skated by the bench?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If Burrows spat on another team's first liner this would already be on Part III on the main boards.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Spitting? Disrespectful, but hardly worth disciplinary action. Probably explains why Dank had him in a headlock at the end of the game lol.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Spitting? Disrespectful, but hardly worth disciplinary action. Probably explains why Dank had him in a headlock at the end of the game lol.

Worth a fine, at minimum. It's not only disrespectful, but can spread diseases and whatnot. I don't know how many signs I have seen on benches around rinks, saying to not spit because of the crap it can spread around. If this doesn't get addressed, might as well just spit on whoever gets you mad since nothing will happen to you.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
10 minute misconduct to Daniel Sedin at the time of the refs choosing.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I almost want someone to go start a main board thread on this just so I can be amused and forget the gong show of a game we just played. I want to see how other fans turn this around and make it Daniel's fault. They can get ever so creative some times.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Highly unprofessional. Daniel doesn't really care, for he is a professional. He is much more mature than that.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
In this day and age, I'd be more furious with someone spitting at me than punching me.

This also explains why Dorsett went after Clutterbuck, too. What a rat thing to do.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I really do wonder why the Sedins get so little respect around the league. They have been excellent top line players for the better part of a decade and remained classy and humble throughout. These are the kind of poster children the NHL needs, yet these kind of things seem to happen almost routinely with no repercussions.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Worth a fine, at minimum. It's not only disrespectful, but can spread diseases and whatnot. I don't know how many signs I have seen on benches around rinks, saying to not spit because of the crap it can spread around. If this doesn't get addressed, might as well just spit on whoever gets you mad since nothing will happen to you.

This.

If you spit on someone on the street it's considered assault. I'm not saying Clutterbuck should be charged, but if he's found to have spat on Sedin then he should receive a suspension.

arsmaster*

Seriously?

Spitting on someone is probably the most disrespectful think you can do to another human being.

If there is no disciplinary action, it just tells everyone you can spit on people with no reprecussions.

I mean you'd get sent home from elementary school for doing it, but you can't get suspended from your million dollar job where you should be held to the highest of standards and are public figures. Strange stance.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Doubt anything will come of it due to lack of video evidence (it'd be all over the web if it was captured) but does anyone really think Danny Sedin, of all people, would make this up?

Pathetic, gutless gesture from Clutterbuck that speaks to the type of human being he is, not even the type of hockey player he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad