"Clutchiest" player playing today (difference in playoff PPG to regular season PPG ratio)?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Seems like a really, really poor way to describe "Clutchness"... Also convenient you chose to use the last 4 years for Couture, leaving out the years where he wasn't particularly good in the playoffs and the years where he posted his best regular seasons PPG numbers.

Anyway, for arguments sake Mackinnons career PPG in 0.87 to this point, and his career playoff PPG is now at 1.26. Good for a 0.39 PPG difference. I guess he's the more clutch one really.

I could include the last 5 years and it wouldn’t make much of a difference since the Sharks missed the playoffs that year.

Couture just turned 30, why is it crazy that I only use the sample size from his prime considering it was the last 4 years and my criteria is based on who the most clutch/best playoff performer is today.

Mac’s sample size for playoff games is 23. That’s less than half of Couture’s.

Didn’t realize Aves fans were so rattled over this series.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Couture if you throw out his rookie year playoffs, is basically a PPG player in the playoffs.

Hes just good in the regular season, but is on another level come April

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I think it would be more effective to track game tying or go-ahead goals late in games. I dont have any numbers regarding this and itd probably be tougher to find but that's clutchness to me

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I think it would be more effective to track game tying or go-ahead goals late in games. I dont have any numbers regarding this and itd probably be tougher to find but that's clutchness to me

I agree. I wish I could change the title to “Best Playoff Performers” as I think that’s a more apt description.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad