Post-Game Talk: Clutch Hutch Shuts Down Scorned Islanders | Leaf Win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Relatively boring games. Isles did everything they could to limit our chances and generate their own, which didn't help them. Lots of low percentage shots against hoping for tips and we got a few great chances.

Nice to get a shutout for Hutch.

Reactions: weems and TheKule

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We may never lose again

But being serious for a moment that's a bloody good win

We were coming back from a successful road trip out west with minimal rest against a good team with our backup in net, played a more conservative style of game that isn't as suited to our personnel and still won even with significant injuries

I like that a lot

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
How you like Hutch now? I strongly believe Goalie is all about confidence.
The team played really good defence and managed to keep the shots on the outside. The Dmen and fwds were good clearing traffic in front of the net.
Gotta love Keefe double shifting Matthews and JT lines early in the game.

Reactions: kb

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Maybe Hutch is a legit backup that was just getting Babcocked.

At the very least you don't have to automatically take the "L" just because Hutch is our backup. Start him wisely and don't play like hot garbage in front of him and this is not the issue anyone made it out to be. Honestly, no one has ever been more obsessed over backup goaltending than our fanbase this year. Just another wild overreaction about the errors of Kyle Dumb***

Reactions: David MORO

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I was listening to 1050 in the car and it was picking up half Bowen and half Islanders broadcast.

I'm in Waterloo so 1050 never comes in great but it was getting the Islanders radio too that a long way. Anyone else listen to part of the game on radio? Did that happen?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2020-1-4_18-38-2.jpeg

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
I was told starting Hutchinson was Keefe’s first mistake and that Keefe didn’t care about winning and Hutchinson had no chance of winning.

Can everyone calm down and be trusting now?

Just because this went the leafs way doesn't mean that it still wasn't a bad call by keefe, the islanders hit 2 posts and even if 1 could have gone in knowing Hutch, it would have rattled him and the outcome might have been different.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
What an amazing turnaround for Hutchinson. For someone who was probably a few goals away from potentially never playing in the NHL again, it's pretty impressive.

Reactions: Smif

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We may never lose again

But being serious for a moment that's a bloody good win

We were coming back from a successful road trip out west with minimal rest against a good team with our backup in net, played a more conservative style of game that isn't as suited to our personnel and still won even with significant injuries

I like that a lot
The Isles tried to make us play a game they wanted to play, and we were having none of it. Sign of a maturing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad