Confirmed with Link: Clurman re-signed

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Goalies don’t count, so I’d have one there. Then from there you can have 5 Vet skaters (320+) and one near vet (260+) for 6 total above 260. I’d say 4 is probably where I’d target. Then go up or down based on the team’s makeup and how injuries have played out. Each ideal will be different though as the calculation is at the beginning of the season. Take Middleton for example... he has 248 high level games, so he's exempt for another year. Practically, he is a vet though. So with him, you basically get a free 'vet' spot. This would likely have me elevate the number to 5 as you'd have a bit more flexibility and a higher quality team... including getting a legit top end forward and defensemen in the league (like a Grimaldi/Tynan/ABB and Hicketts/Lajoie). That can help a lot of players settle in, especially with a weaker pool.

Now if you had a strong pool like say Buffalo or LA... I'd probably lean towards less vets and target only the top end guys or guys that are highly heralded leaders. Which if you look at what LA did last year, I find that to be pretty ideal. Tynan, Gaunce, Quine and Thompson were the main vets. Tynan is an AHL superstar... easy enough. Gaunce is one of the better AHL defensemen, but doesn't need a top PP role. Thompson is your former long-term NHLer who is a great leader and mentor (especially for guys shooting for bottom 6 roles). Quine has been a solid middle 6 AHL center for a long time and can play any role... also known as a high character player.
I don't follow much AHL, is that former Avs draft pick Cameron Gaunce?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Always remember...
Capture.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad