Clune, Stalberg to Milwaukee

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I take it Clune has remained with Nashville even though he cleared waivers?

How long does a waiver clearance last? (i.e. if he stayed here another month would he have to be waived again if he was to be sent down?)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I expect Clune to play both games against the Wolves. He is just the kind of player to keep the Wolves at bay!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I was one of them but he looks lost out there. Didn't look good at prospects camp. At one point I had high hopes for him but I think his ship has sailed.

I agree. He can't play effectively at the AHL level.

Last season's stats: 41 games 3 G 6 A +4 22 PIMs 56 SOG.

Departed D-man Scott Valentine: 66 games 3 G 3 A +1 59 PIMs 58 SOG.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Well, you can't blame Clune for the 5-1 pasting the Ads got at the hands (paws?) of the Chicago Wolves... Girard, Grant, Alm and Aronson all minus 3... Stalberg had 4 SOG. Clune stayed out of the box.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Well, you can't blame Clune for the 5-1 pasting the Ads got at the hands (paws?) of the Chicago Wolves... Girard, Grant, Alm and Aronson all minus 3... Stalberg had 4 SOG. Clune stayed out of the box.

No. I wanted Clune to play against Chicago, just like today.

Last night had too many defensive breakdowns. Chicago scored 3 even strength goals. Grant will not be a big + / - guy. He was -1 before that game.

Stalberg can shoot all he wants, however, I want him to get some in the net!
Stalberg is the reason why Aberg isn't playing. I think Aberg has a concussion due to Stalberg running into him last weekend. It was the hit of the game. Too bad that it came against a teammate!

Sissons had 2 penalties, one of which resulted in a PPG. Chicago's last goal was an ENG with less than one second remaining.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So what do you guys expect from Stalberg at this point?

Most Hawk fans felt he would fail away from Chicago but his supporters claimed Q was holding him back from reaching his full potential (Full potential being a top 6 winger)

Seems that Stalberg has failed to impress under either coach in Nashville and his future from outside seems bleak in Nashville

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
So what do you guys expect from Stalberg at this point?

Most Hawk fans felt he would fail away from Chicago but his supporters claimed Q was holding him back from reaching his full potential (Full potential being a top 6 winger)

Seems that Stalberg has failed to impress under either coach in Nashville and his future from outside seems bleak in Nashville

One thing I know for sure, Q wasn't holding him back. Honestly, it's shocking how poor his hands are for a guy who's game has to be more skill. Given Beck playing better and the older guys getting healthy, I'm not sure he sees the ice again for us in any kinda' meaningful role.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
In three games Stålberg has 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 PIMs and one hell of a hit on Åberg who is still injured as far as I know. I had such high hopes Viktor... such high hopes.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
In three games Stålberg has 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 PIMs and one hell of a hit on Åberg who is still injured as far as I know. I had such high hopes Viktor... such high hopes.

every time I read about this I think of Radulov concussing Arnott

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Stalberg was playing well last night. Right up until he was hit with a low hip check and hurt his knee. Head Coach Dean Evason said "Not good" to describe Stalberg's injury. That was his last game in Milwaukee. He is returning to Nashville.

Stalberg was the second Admiral to be injured by Grand Rapids D-man Brennan Evans in the game. Evans was not penalized for a hit to the head of Felix Girard in the first period. Rich Clune skated down the ice to fight the 6'4", 230 lbs Evans and received 17 minutes in penalties from incompetent AHL Referee Kendrick Nicholson. Diaby fought Evans after the Stalberg hit. He too, received 17 minutes for his trouble as multiple offender Evans again received 5 minutes.

The Admirals spent the third period putting big hits on Evans. Leading scorer Brendan Leipsic (5'9" and 170 lbs) smashed Evans into the side boards and was immediately whistled for 2 minutes for boarding (announced penalty vs interference in the box score) by Referee Kendrick Nicholson; a school bully's best friend. The crowd of 5700 spent the third period booing loudly every time Evans touched the puck. So loudly that I couldn't clearly hear the PA on the Leipsic penalty.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It was knee to knee. You know lovely those are.

yeah, I don't wish injury on anyone, but he was wasted space that we were gonna have to pay regardless, so if he's on IR and we can keep Jarnkrok up, Im not gonna complain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad