Clune, Stalberg to Milwaukee

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
clune waived, stalberg sent on 'rehab' assignment to MIL. today so doesn't have to clear waivers

cullen activated. puts active forward roster at 13,

for those wondering, a rehab assignment to the AHL is for a maximum of two weeks, and they can be recalled anytime. assume stalberg was sent because he was probably going to be scratched with cullen's return. makes you wonder about near the term plans and the role for him honesty

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Good to see Jarnkruk get an additional two weeks to prove he's needed. I agree with most who would like to see him paired with Smith for a couple games.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i'm not opposed to this (clune being sent down), but i do admit i'm a little surprised right now. since poile had the 'option' of just sending stalberg on this 'rehab' assignment for a week or two to make room for cullen's activation, and buying another week or two before being 'forced' to make a roster move, i just assumed he would take the easy way out

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I like Clune, but this is probably the right hockey move. I personally do not want him in the lineup, and I think even looking deeper, there are 5 guys in Milwaukee I would rather roster than Clune.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Kinda surprised that Poile gave Clune a two year contract for this year and next and now waives him. Then again He may just be sheding contracts that will not fit Lavi. It will be harder to do that with Stalberg too much money involved the reconditioning assignment may or may not help him. But ullen back in hopefully that helps.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Kinda surprised that Poile gave Clune a two year contract for this year and next and now waives him. Then again He may just be sheding contracts that will not fit Lavi. It will be harder to do that with Stalberg too much money involved the reconditioning assignment may or may not help him. But ullen back in hopefully that helps.

Clune's is a cheap contract and if he clears we get to move him back-and-forth as needed, correct?

Gotta' believe that GMDP thinks we can turn VS into something - whether that's a contributor or at least a 7th round pick from someone - I can't believe we're gonna' eat that contract.

Gotta' believe the "personnel" part of this roadtrip is about seeing if Hook and Beck belong on this roster.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Stalberg has done very little so far in NSH.
Love his speed, but I don't think conditioning is the problem.........

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
IMHO Fisher must be getting close.

Looks like Beck and Bourque stay over Clune and Stalberg, which I don't mind at all.

Not the easiest choices but probably the better choices.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
IMHO Fisher must be getting close.

Looks like Beck and Bourque stay over Clune and Stalberg, which I don't mind at all.

Not the easiest choices but probably the better choices.
Agreed. I'm interested to see what they do in 2 weeks

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Clune's is a cheap contract and if he clears we get to move him back-and-forth as needed, correct?

Gotta' believe that GMDP thinks we can turn VS into something - whether that's a contributor or at least a 7th round pick from someone - I can't believe we're gonna' eat that contract.

Gotta' believe the "personnel" part of this roadtrip is about seeing if Hook and Beck belong on this roster.

Clune will likely clear and theres not much use calling him up we have an ample supply of 4th liners.

And for the thoughts of others that may think Stalberg would potentially be waived that would knock me off my seat I can't see any way that the organization pays Stalberg what 3.5 mil to play is Milwaukee and the hopes of offloading him would be costly, as in another roster player for another team to eat that contract. Basically the same way we lost Cody Franson to rid the roster of a contract for Lombardi.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Am I the only one that thinks that Stalberg has looked pretty good this year?

He was setting people up even though they wiffed on their chances. Other than as punishment for his penalties, I was a little confused over his demotion to the 4th line. Even though he dosn't fit on a shut-down line, he seemed to give the 4th line some energy. Now he is being sent down. I feel bad for the guy. He spent last year in Trotz dog house, and he now seems to have moved into Lavy's instead.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Am I the only one that thinks that Stalberg has looked pretty good this year?

He was setting people up even though they wiffed on their chances. Other than as punishment for his penalties, I was a little confused over his demotion to the 4th line. Even though he dosn't fit on a shut-down line, he seemed to give the 4th line some energy. Now he is being sent down. I feel bad for the guy. He spent last year in Trotz dog house, and he now seems to have moved into Lavy's instead.
I agree that he hasn't looked bad, but who knows what else is going on behind the scenes. Even if he has created a few chances and provided some spark, the bottom line with some of these guys is that it needs to start showing on the scoreboard, especially at $3M per year. Stalberg, Wilson, Jarnkrok, even Jokinen, creating some chances and looking good doesn't do anything if it doesn't create points.

Sending Stalberg on the rehab assignment may just be giving Lavy some time to tinker with Jarnkrok in the lineup while adding Cullen in, and letting Stalberg continue to get minutes somewhere in the meantime. Otherwise, I figured Jarnkrok would go down before Stalberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad