GDT: Closer still: Habs-Bruins. Game 7, 2008. May 7 RDS 7pm.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Closer but still, 18 years ago. I'm not sure I remember it as clearly as the older games.

A chance to see Saku and Zed, Theo, Breezy :sarcasm:. Markov, Souray, Gilmour. Should be fun.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
they should make the original gdt open for business, would be fun to see what we complained about back then.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
This series was awesome. I remember Martin Lapointe shittalking us on the radio, McLaren almost killing Zednik, Gilmour destroying the glass.

Great, great memories

Reactions: Jpageman

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I don't like the fact that they are doing commentary "live" instead of the original description and sounds. It kills the atmosphere.

Reactions: JuicyHam and peate

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
God I miss the playoffs.. I was at game 3 of that year with my dad when they came back in the 3rd with 4 goals to win 5-3, I remember the Koivu goal like it was yesterday, the play by Markov at the blue line, the backhand, that was just crazy.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I don't like the fact that they are doing commentary "live" instead of the original description and sounds. It kills the atmosphere.

Still better than the TVA guys. That said, maybe they don't have the rights to the old description. They did it for the first Boston/Habs games in the 70s last week (or the week before?)

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
First season I started watching a bit more. Now, looking at the lineup, I want to laugh and cry.

Montreal Canadiens 2001-02 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

how did that team achieved so far lol. (THÉO THÉO THÉO)

I was watching a bit a few minutes ago and never noticed Markov on the ice!?
Can't believe Perrault was our 1st line center and 38 years old Gilmor was on the 2nd line and Juneau on the 3rd. They were still selling 20 000 tickets a game. People will watch no matter how the team does. Everyone one loves the the playoffs buzz, but it doesnt seem like the ownership care as much as the fans do. Best city in the NHL when we play hockey in the spring.

Reactions: Pickles and ArtPeur

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Without the worry and nervousness, this game was extremely boring.

Even the goals were ugly.

Theodore's The save was the only highlite.

But they they won!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Can't believe Perrault was our 1st line center and 38 years old Gilmor was on the 2nd line and Juneau on the 3rd. They were still selling 20 000 tickets a game. People will watch no matter how the team does. Everyone one loves the the playoffs buzz, but it doesnt seem like the ownership care as much as the fans do. Best city in the NHL when we play hockey in the spring.

It was the first playoff action in 4 years. I can't speak for every fan, but I was definitely dialed in.

I don't think it was that long ago at that point where they had smaller crowds.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It was the first playoff action in 4 years. I can't speak for every fan, but I was definitely dialed in.

I don't think it was that long ago at that point where they had smaller crowds.

I went to a few games in 2002-2003 when I started Cegep. My friend and me were able to get tickets 2 hours before the game. They had a "student special": 25$ for a grey ticket + free beer. Those were fun times! The place was never full though.

Gilmour was leading scorer for the team in playoffs :laugh:
(if only Zednik didn't get injured)

Anyhow, that year was extra special with Koivu's cancer and his return

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I was there in Boston...April 19th 2004

Kovalev was a beast. He did all the play on the winning goal by Zednik.

Kovy...15 goals in 31 playoffs games with the habs...a money player in playoffs!!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad